My Quicken Starter Edition expires 7/22/2022. I've already purchased 'Home & Business...

Options
My Quicken Starter Edition expires 7/22/2022. I've already purchased 'Home & Business', does my H & B subscription begin on the day that I upgrade from the Starter Edition? I will be able to export my data from Stater Edition to Home & Business, correct?
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @joelmw .  Quicken Starter, Deluxe, Premier and H&B are all the same software.  The subscription you signed up for simply tells the program which functions are to be turned on or off.  That being the case, you will not have any data to export or be converted.  It will be the same data just with additional program features turned on.  As my wife likes to say, "Easy, breezy!"
    However, if I were you I would contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support) and tell them that you purchased a new H&B subscription but you already have Starter.  Tell them that you would like to change that new H&B subscription into an upgrade on your Starter subscription.  The upgrade process can be immediate and you will only be charged for the prorated difference in subscription costs.  If you do this, then I am guessing (not sure) that you will get a partial refund on your H&B subscription.
    This assumes that you bought the H&B subscription from Quicken.com.  If instead you bought it from a retailer you can wait until your Starter edition expires and then enter the activation code for it then.  Or you might want to consider trying to get a refund for it and then contacting Quicken Support to upgrade to H&B now and pay for just that prorated subscription cost increase.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• joelmw
    joelmw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Opened the CD, I’m committed and will chat with Support, your observation 20/20, I’m trying to obtain the most time available from my 2 subscriptions.
This discussion has been closed.