Renewal Rates

It appears that Quicken is offering a 40% discount to new customers, but no discount to loyal current customers. Pity I will need to stop my subscription for a period of time so Quicken can attempt to win me back.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is.  It's like the cable companies that offer discounts to new customers but not to existing customers.  But at least with the cable companies it is possible to call them and negotiate for a lower rate.
    Or you can do like others have done:  Go online and search for a retailer that has a special or sale price for Quicken.  Just need to be careful that the special or sale price is good for existing customers and not just for new customers.  Some have gotten burned by not being diligent about this.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or use a different email address.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Also remember that Black Friday is around the corner...and a lot of deals can be found then, Cyber Monday and until Christmas.  
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Greg the Geek suggested, use two different email addresses (different Quicken Ids) and alternate between them from year to year.  The only thing I know that you lose out on is the history in QMobile/Q-Web since you would be starting a new Quicken Cloud each year.  If you don't use QMobile, no loss.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    Like Greg the Geek suggested, use two different email addresses (different Quicken Ids) and alternate between them from year to year.  The only thing I know that you lose out on is the history in QMobile/Q-Web since you would be starting a new Quicken Cloud each year.  If you don't use QMobile, no loss.
    I wonder how much is stored in the Quicken cloud dataset for "Quicken Bill Manager".  I wouldn't be surprised if switching Quicken Ids messes it up.  The same may be true of the new Express Web Connect connection flow where syncing to the Quicken cloud dataset is part of the flow now.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my restricting my comment to just QMobile/Q-Web was an understatement.  We really don't know everything that is stored in it, but switching between Quicken Ids would definitely wipe it out.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.