Charles Schwab Cash Balance

Options
I cannot figure out what Quicken is now doing with Schwab cash balances. I have multiple accounts at Schwab, and when I re-registered them, Quicken asked for the cash balance each, which I provided. They then created new accounts in Quicken for that cash; however, the cash is still included in the Investments account. Also, for my main account, I previously had a Cash account, but instead of using that, they created a new account.
Did any of this get tested before they threw it at us?

Answers

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Been using Quicken since the 1990's. This update with Schwab is very broken. Like you, it wants to set up NEW acccounts, full of placeholders. I've tried a half dozen ways, and it's still broken. All was working until this morning. My Quicken is fully up to date. I have 7 Schwab accounts to work with.
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    From my previous comment, I use Quicken Premier for Windows. Hopefully help will arrive soon
  • Lawrence Clough
    Options
    Even with the latest updates, the cash balance on my brokerage account is off by a factor of 10. Reconciling it does not work.
  • ELHale
    ELHale Member
    Options
    The Quicken ‘Cash Balance’ values for the Schwab accounts do not match the Cash values in Schwab. The Quicken ‘Cash Balance’ values are less than the Cash values in Schwab. I first noticed this problem on/about 25 NOV 2021. Thought it was just another one of the issues with the changes to connecting to Schwab.
    I am running Quicken Deluxe Version R37.37, Build 27.1.37.37, Windows 10 Home.

Also, I have to run ‘Update Transactions’ (or One Step Update) twice to get the Schwab account balances to update in quicken. The first selection of ‘Update Transactions’ downloads the new transactions but does not update the account totals. The second selection of ‘Update Transactions’ updates the account totals. However, the account totals in Quicken do not match the account totals in Schwab. Off by amount of Cash Value differences.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @ddemoney said:
    > I cannot figure out what Quicken is now doing with Schwab cash balances. I have multiple accounts at Schwab, and when I re-registered them, Quicken asked for the cash balance each, which I provided. They then created new accounts in Quicken for that cash; however, the cash is still included in the Investments account. Also, for my main account, I previously had a Cash account, but instead of using that, they created a new account.
    > Did any of this get tested before they threw it at us?

Hello ddemoney,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the community. We are working to resolve the issues we are encountering as fast as possible, and it definitely helps to get details like this when it comes to issues with the account setup process in Quicken.

It sounds like the Schwab investment accounts are getting duplicated every time you enter the cash balance, is that correct? When you are setting up these accounts again, are you deactivating them by going into settings in the lower, right-hand corner and disconnecting them? Also, I wanted to ask: are you seeing duplicate transactions inside any of the original Investment accounts after you re-register?

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • DaufuskieNate
    Options
    My Schwab cash balances are showing up as zero in Quicken.
  • CAbeachbum01
    Options
    I am having problems with all my Schwab accounts showing online cash balances of zero and that I need to make a reconciliation adjustment, but my total account values are correct. anyone else having this problem?
  • bpuchko
    bpuchko Member
    Options
    schwab cash balances are not being updated. as of Jan 2022 in any of my investment accounts!!!
  • lynn.la.count
    Options
    some of my Schwab account show incorrectly a zero balance.
This discussion has been closed.