First Horizon Bank not connecting

Once again, Quicken cannot make contact with First Horizon Bank. I know the bank recently made changes to its website. Before I am asked, yes I can use my account at the bank website. I can only guess that that link that the Quicken servers use has changed. It seems like this happens at least 2x a year that Quicken and the Bank get into a spat about whose fault it is. We users are caught in the middle, only knowing that we cannot use our software properly. It's hugely disappointing. 

Comments

• Todd727
    Todd727 Member ✭✭
    It's not just you, same exact issue. No problem going direct to banks website. Quicken updated fine yesterday (11/17). Error
    OL-294-A
  • Donald Brooks
    Donald Brooks Member ✭✭✭
    Here we go again with First Horizon and Quicken not talking to each other. Hopefully, they will resolve this issue quicker than last time. Let's see if a moderator will pick this up and give us an answer.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again with First Horizon and Quicken not talking to each other. Hopefully, they will resolve this issue quicker than last time. Let's see if a moderator will pick this up and give us an answer.
    Unable to download from First Horizon Bank this morning.

I deactivated online services for the account in Quicken then attempted to reactivate. No joy.

Logged into the bank website. A message displays that states they have upgraded some systems and that any customers attempting to access accounts using third-party tools (it lists Quicken as one of the examples) should inform the makers of the tool to fix the access issue on their end.

I've used the Report a Problem feature in Quicken to submit this issue. I highly recommend you do the same.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    scottfmc said:
    Once again, Quicken cannot make contact with First Horizon Bank. I know the bank recently made changes to its website. Before I am asked, yes I can use my account at the bank website. I can only guess that that link that the Quicken servers use has changed. It seems like this happens at least 2x a year that Quicken and the Bank get into a spat about whose fault it is. We users are caught in the middle, only knowing that we cannot use our software properly. It's hugely disappointing. 
    Did you use the Report a Problem feature in Quicken to submit the issue?
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Todd727 said:
    It's not just you, same exact issue. No problem going direct to banks website. Quicken updated fine yesterday (11/17). Error
    OL-294-A
    Did you use the Report a Problem feature in Quicken to submit the issue?
  • Just talked with First Horizon tech support. They said it is an issue and they have submitted it to Quicken. Even the QFX files won't work manually downloading them...
  • Todd727
    Todd727 Member ✭✭
    > @"Cris Williams" said:
    > Did you use the Report a Problem feature in Quicken to submit the issue?

Yes
  • Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Here is a Knowledge Base article for the OL-294-A error that you are receiving. It gives steps to try and states that if the provided steps don't work you will need to contact your financial institution for assistance on this. I did see that one of you has already done this and that First Horizon Bank has stated that they are aware of the issue and working toward a resolution with Quicken. 

Hope this helps.

Quicken Alyssa

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Here is a Knowledge Base article for the OL-294-A error that you are receiving. It gives steps to try and states that if the provided steps don't work you will need to contact your financial institution for assistance on this. I did see that one of you has already done this and that First Horizon Bank has stated that they are aware of the issue and working toward a resolution with Quicken. 

Hope this helps.

Quicken Alyssa

[Removed - Disruptive]
  • MauriAnne
    MauriAnne Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I'm having the same frustrating problem. [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Same exact problem here. Reported to Quicken. I agree it's disappointing when First Horizon and Quicken blame each other.
  • scottfmc
    scottfmc Member ✭✭✭
    Reported to Quicken
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    I also just now sent a problem message to First Horizon.
  • David Green
    David Green Member ✭✭✭
    I just got off the phone with Quicken Support. They say there is a known issue with First Horizon and they are working on it. I tried the steps Alyssa linked to before I called. Those steps did not resolve the problem, and in fact made things worse. Before you change anything create a backup of your data file.
    Quicken for Windows Premiere
    Always the latest version
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • MAR49
    MAR49 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Same problem here. Connection to FHB worked okay until 2 weeks ago when it went down. All recommended tricks to reconnect do not work. FH states on their website it is not their problem; just ask Quicken to fix the problem. I am writing this while waiting for Quicken Tech Support to pick up my call ......... 25 minutes so far. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • MAR49
    MAR49 Member ✭✭
    After 35 minutes my call was answered. After 10 minutes of trying ....... the tech was unable to activate my connection to FH. Said that the issue should be resolved tonight or tomorrow. Asked me to try again then. This is outrageous considering how much they collect from us, the users.
  • jbmaner
    jbmaner Member
    FH broke the link when they did a "upgrade" on their data system. Quicken has not worked how the access the new system. Not sure if other services are able to.
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    While I agree it is primarily a Quicken issue, I suggest we all, as First Horizon customers, log into our accounts and complain to their digital banking dept. It may help and cannot hurt. I have already done this.
  • MAR49
    MAR49 Member ✭✭
    To billr: Good idea. I just filed a complain from my FH account.
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    First Horizon says it is a known issue and a ticket has been opened and escalated, and they are working with Quicken. No est. on time of completion. They recommend downloading QFX as workaround. But I have read here there are also problems with that.
  • MauriAnne
    MauriAnne Member ✭✭✭
    This seems to be fixed now for me.
  • Donald Brooks
    Donald Brooks Member ✭✭✭
    FHB and Quicken are now talking to each other. I had to do a download twice for "download transactions" to appear in my registry.
  • Todd727
    Todd727 Member ✭✭
    Fixed this morning. I did deactivate yesterday as a part of my attempts to reset the online data. Reactivated this morning and everything is working. I suspect from the above comments that it wasn't necessary to do that.
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Fixed now for me also. Thanks for everyone's help.
  • MAR49
    MAR49 Member ✭✭
    I am still unable to download transactions.
    De-activation and re-activations don't work.
    Changing password in FH did not help. I can save my PW in My Vault. Can recall it when trying to connect to FH but downloading transactions does not work.
    So frustrating!!!!
  • billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Did you get an error number?
  • M_yan
    M_yan Member ✭✭
    I am also unable to download transactions to my FH account. I've tried resetting the connection, changing my FH password to eliminate symbols, bit I get an Institution Login Sync Error BID=2250 error code.
This discussion has been closed.