Simple Investment Manual Account, not able to add money market

I created a new Simple Investment Account (manual, as I cannot successfully connect to netxinvestor), I missed the money market on initial load. I have not been able to find a way to manually add the money market. I have added it to the cash balance for now, but I want the distinction between the two. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When they created the Simple investment mode it is clear that they were really only thinking about using it in an online mode.  And as such didn't have any way to update the securities manually.

They have put out a update to address this problem in R37.25, where they now have these on the menu:

R37.25 is currently in "staged release mode", where it is sent to a limited amount of users first to make sure there isn't any major problems with it before releasing it to everyone.

If you want to install this patch before it is released to everyone you can get it from the link on this page:
    Windows R37.XX Release (US) — Quicken

Or you can switch to Complete mode and do the adds there and then switch back.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually those 3 selections from the gear menu are present in R36.38. Update Share balance lets you add a security. 

The release notes for R37.25 say there are now
    • Buttons and links in Simple Investing display that allow you to update a securities Share Price and Cash Value.
    but I do not see any new buttons. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman Thanks, when I didn't see any "buttons" I assumed it was the menu items they were talking about, and I didn't go back to the old version to check it out.

It looks like the buttons never made it into the release like they said in the release notes.
    Signature:
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion?  Change from Simple Investing back to Complete Investing for that account.

That should allow you to add the money market security and transactions.

When done, you can change back to Simple Investing.

As always, back up your data file before trying this. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually those 3 selections from the gear menu are present in R36.38. Update Share balance lets you add a security. 

The release notes for R37.25 say there are now
    • Buttons and links in Simple Investing display that allow you to update a securities Share Price and Cash Value.
    but I do not see any new buttons. 

Does the R36.38 have these below?
    This would be a way to get "buttons" for these functions.

Note for the adding of a security.  If you select Update security balance here is where you would select to add a new security that doesn't exist in Quicken yet (and you could also add a new security from the Tools -> Security List).

Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, those Action Bar buttons are present in 36.38, so they are not new.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.