Entering transactions

I've been using Quicken for a very long time. I just upgraded from Quicken 2007 to the latest version. In previous versions I could select a New Transactions button on the calendar and it would open a box with a blank transaction and a drop down menu of all accounts. This would allow you to enter transactions for multiple accounts without having to open the accounts. How can I do this with the current version?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I don't think you can do this from the calendar. However, if you select the All Transactions register in the sidebar, you should see a column labeled "Account". (If you don't see that column, use menu View > Columns to enable it.) If you enter a new transaction in this register, you can designate the account for it to be entered into using this column. When your cursor is in this column, you can use the little up/down arrow to invoke the popup menu of accounts. Or you can start typing a few letters of the account name to shorten the popup list.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    I don't think you can do this from the calendar. However, if you select the All Transactions register in the sidebar, you should see a column labeled "Account". (If you don't see that column, use menu View > Columns to enable it.) If you enter a new transaction in this register, you can designate the account for it to be entered into using this column. When your cursor is in this column, you can use the little up/down arrow to invoke the popup menu of accounts. Or you can start typing a few letters of the account name to shorten the popup list.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.