Online balance is "zero" (0.00) in Charles Schwab Bank account

rjchavez
rjchavez Member ✭✭
:/
After all of the migration of my Schwab accounts over the past few days, I finally am able to connect online and download transactions. The issue now is that when reconciling online, the balance retrieved from the bank is always zero (0.00). Logging into my account using the browser reveals the actual balance.

Is there still a problem with Schwab accounts?
Tagged:

Comments

• nici
    nici Member ✭✭
    same issue here
  • nici
    nici Member ✭✭
    I even installed the mondo patch linked at the bottom of this page, and the balance is still blank https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900567/updated-11-12-21-upcoming-changes-to-charles-schwab-accounts#latest
  • Joe9832
    Joe9832 Member ✭✭
    Same problem. I have done all the reactivation several times, deleted all the downloaded duplicates. The investment accounts are good now. (That was a lot of effort.) The Schwab Bank account is fine except for the online balance that is not updating. It is not displayed at the bottom of the account and when I try to reconcile, it shows zero.
  • Same issue here.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of about an hour ago it's still zero.  However, I did download a transaction and it did, in fact, match to the correct transaction in my register.  Unfortunately, it shows a "C" for cleared.  The account can't reconcile against a Statement Ending Balance of $0. 
  • Michele123
    Michele123 Member ✭✭
    I believe I am having a related issue. My online balance shows the balance for 11/18/22 but after downloading transactions which then appear as "c" cleared I get the message "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." when trying to reconcile to my online balance.
  • Pelican21
    Pelican21 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here
  • DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Started after I completed the migration. Either Schwab isn't sending that balance now, or Quicken isn't properly receiving it. Impossible to tell which. I reported to Quicken this morning (Help > Report a problem). Maybe it will escalate if a few of us do this. From comments on this thread and others, it appears to be a universal problem for Quicken/Schwab customers post migration.
  • ElizabethV
    ElizabethV Member ✭✭
    Same exact problem. Exhausted after 80 minute chat. They kept trying to do different reloads. Problem is on Schwab side after you go through everything to update Quicken version, relink via new Schwab lognon
  • ElizabethV
    ElizabethV Member ✭✭
    When will this be fixed? Multiple posts about this since update and all effort to re-set with new Schwab login Total waste of time with Quicken support that has to you try and save files, reinstall.
    Quicken needs to acknowledge issue and approx resolution date??
  • Matt Herndon
    Matt Herndon Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I suspect it's on the Quicken side. The exact same thing happened when they switched to EWC+ for CapitalOne a couple weeks ago, and that one's still not fixed with no ETA.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901420/ongoing-11-17-21-capital-one-accounts-display-0-00-online-balance

In the meantime, I've just turned off reconciling to the online balance and am just doing it manually every few days.
  • Schwab created this problem and obviously didn't care enough about their customers to work with Quicken to properly QA this change. This is not a user issue - Schwab should be on the phone with the Quicken developers to get to the bottom of this. I'm giving them a week to fix it, then they lose my banking and brokerage business. I advise everyone to call Schwab and tell them the same thing. Let's see how much they want our business.
  • rjchavez
    rjchavez Member ✭✭
    > @ArtVandelay22 said:
    > Schwab created this problem and obviously didn't care enough about their customers to work with Quicken to properly QA this change. This is not a user issue - Schwab should be on the phone with the Quicken developers to get to the bottom of this. I'm giving them a week to fix it, then they lose my banking and brokerage business. I advise everyone to call Schwab and tell them the same thing. Let's see how much they want our business.

Does not look like it's a Schwab-only issue. Just look at the previous post.
  • > @rjchavez said:
    > > @ArtVandelay22 said:
    > > Schwab created this problem and obviously didn't care enough about their customers to work with Quicken to properly QA this change. This is not a user issue - Schwab should be on the phone with the Quicken developers to get to the bottom of this. I'm giving them a week to fix it, then they lose my banking and brokerage business. I advise everyone to call Schwab and tell them the same thing. Let's see how much they want our business.
    >
    > Does not look like it's a Schwab-only issue. Just look at the previous post.

So that absolves Schwab from working with Quicken to resolve the problem? I don't see how this changes anything I said.
  • rjchavez
    rjchavez Member ✭✭
    > @ArtVandelay22 said:
    > > @rjchavez said:
    > > > @ArtVandelay22 said:
    > > > Schwab created this problem and obviously didn't care enough about their customers to work with Quicken to properly QA this change. This is not a user issue - Schwab should be on the phone with the Quicken developers to get to the bottom of this. I'm giving them a week to fix it, then they lose my banking and brokerage business. I advise everyone to call Schwab and tell them the same thing. Let's see how much they want our business.
    > >
    > > Does not look like it's a Schwab-only issue. Just look at the previous post.
    >
    > So that absolves Schwab from working with Quicken to resolve the problem? I don't see how this changes anything I said.

You stated "Schwab created this problem..." not true
  • ArtVandelay22
    ArtVandelay22 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    > @rjchavez said:
    > > @ArtVandelay22 said:
    > > > @rjchavez said:
    > > > > @ArtVandelay22 said:
    > > > > Schwab created this problem and obviously didn't care enough about their customers to work with Quicken to properly QA this change. This is not a user issue - Schwab should be on the phone with the Quicken developers to get to the bottom of this. I'm giving them a week to fix it, then they lose my banking and brokerage business. I advise everyone to call Schwab and tell them the same thing. Let's see how much they want our business.
    > > >
    > > > Does not look like it's a Schwab-only issue. Just look at the previous post.
    > >
    > > So that absolves Schwab from working with Quicken to resolve the problem? I don't see how this changes anything I said.
    >
    > You stated "Schwab created this problem..." not true

So you have knowledge that Schwab worked with Quicken to QA these changes and did not discover any of these issues in testing prior to the PROD release?

[Removed - Disruptive]
  • Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. I was able to get all my Schwab accounts downloading, reconciling / deleting all of the duplicate crap but unable to reconcile checking account. If I look on-line at Schwab and in my Quicken register I know I have the correct balance but I have done several OSUs and the online balance will not download so I cannot reconcile the bank account.

________________________________________________________________________________
    USER Since version 1 in the early 1980's - Currently a subscriber using:
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property
    Version; R37.25
    Build: 27.1.37.25
    Windows 10 Enterprise
  • ElizabethV
    ElizabethV Member ✭✭
    Strangely this is bank account issue with Schwab not issue with reconciling investment accounts.
  • Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @ElizabethV said:
    > Strangely this is bank account issue with Schwab not issue with reconciling investment accounts.

Yes that is correct. My investment accounts are fine.
  • ElizabethV
    ElizabethV Member ✭✭
    Semi good news - chat support said they are aware of this and will be releasing a patch. No ETA but at least they are aware!
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    I got the same news from chat support.  Now we wait. 
  • susan3032
    susan3032 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here - I actually blame both quicken and schwab. Maybe quicken even more. This is also happening with my Capital One Venture One account. Very, very frustrating,
  • Rayes
    Rayes Member
    Same issue here, good to hear they are working on a patch
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Community. If anyone has an accurate online balance downloaded into their checking account please share how you did it.  Mine is still $0.00.
  • ihasund
    ihasund Windows Beta Beta
    Just thought I would add one to the list.  I have successfully authenticated my Schwab accounts (brokerage and bank) and removed all duplicates.  Brokerage account looks good.  My two bank accounts (checking and savings) download fine, but show an online balance of zero and reconciliation is not possible.  I currently have Quicken for Windows R36.45 Build 27.1.36.45. I hope there is another patch coming to fix this issue.  
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    > @ihasund said:
    > reconciliation is not possible

You need to get it switched back to manual statement balance for reconciling and you'll be able to reconcile it manually by checking the balance from the Schwab website until they fix the online balance.
  • ihasund
    > @ihasund said:
    > reconciliation is not possible

You need to get it switched back to manual statement balance for reconciling and you'll be able to reconcile it manually by checking the balance from the Schwab website until they fix the online balance.
    I realize I can go that path.  Just trying to not switch to manual.  :)
  • ihasund
    UPDATE: Just finished a chat session with support.  They know nothing about this and are not sure if this is a bug or should be requested as a new feature.  :( I opened a "something" through the Quicken App to see what happens.  
  • I know of one sure way to get this working. When you finally lose patience and close the account, the correct amount will be displayed and you can finally reconcile your transactions.
This discussion has been closed.