sorting Options

Options
I use the sort by date/order entered. Somehow the sorting got set to date. I have tried numerous times to change it back to date/order entered but the selection will not stay.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would start by making sure this setting is on:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Register -> Remember register filters after Quicken closes
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @Joe1of6

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. For this particular instance, I would recommend downloading and implementing the Mondo Patch.

For instructions and more information please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    I would start by making sure this setting is on:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Register -> Remember register filters after Quicken closes
    Preservation of sort order does not depend on this setting. Sort order is always preserved, without user option. I have no explanation for @Joe1of6's problem except possibly clicking the Date column header accidentally.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @ Rocket J Squirrel - I just did a Manual Web connect, had sort set to Date/order entered before the update . After the update it went back to sort by "Date". Been down this road before in community with no explanation! Remember register filters was checked
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TTSguy said:
    @ Rocket J Squirrel - I just did a Manual Web connect, had sort set to Date/order entered before the update . After the update it went back to sort by "Date". Been down this road before in community with no explanation! Remember register filters was checked
    I have no explanation either, sorry. I also routinely use Date/Order Entered and have never seen this happen.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Joe1of6
    Joe1of6 Member
    Options
    I think I found the problem. After I sort to Date/Order Entered the register is from bottom up so I select the Date button to get the register to show from the top down. That is when the register changes to the date entered. How do I get the register to stay in the top to down view?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Select the Date/Order Entered menu item twice, just like clicking on the column header the sort toggles/reverses each time you select it.

EDIT just noticed that even though the sort is reversed the entry for new transactions remains at the bottom of the register.
    Signature:
  • Joe1of6
    Joe1of6 Member
    Options
    To Rocket J Squirrel. You are correct in that I was clicking the Date column header accidentally. So how do I get the register to show top to bottom instead of the bottom to top flow in the date/Order Entered?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe1of6 said:
    I think I found the problem. After I sort to Date/Order Entered the register is from bottom up so I select the Date button to get the register to show from the top down. That is when the register changes to the date entered. How do I get the register to stay in the top to down view?
    What happens if you change the sequence?

First click Date so sort is bottom up, then select Date/Order Entered. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mshiggins said:
    Joe1of6 said:
    What happens if you change the sequence?

First click Date so sort is bottom up, then select Date/Order Entered. 
    It doesn't matter.  The first time you select Date/Order Entered the newer transactions and the blank transaction are on the bottom no matter what it was sorted to before.  Doing it again does reverse the sort, but not where the blank transaction is.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.