Is the Charles Schwab conversion really going better on Mac than on Windows?

Options
Even though I see a few complaints on here from Mac people on this, there seems to be just a few.  Whereas for Windows there are hundreds, soon to be over a thousand comments on it.

I makes me wonder if really there are far less problems on the Mac side, and if there are does that mean that in fact the problems are mostly in the Quicken Windows code instead of the actual change over/Intuit code.

Or am I just missing all the Mac complaints because they are being merged into those long threads that I’m not about to try to read?
Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Best Answer

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Mac conversion was flawless and continues to connect to Schwab and download transactions properly.  Zero issues.

An identical data file for Quicken Windows will only connect to a brokerage account but not to a checking account, and acts like it is downloading, but downloads nothing.  And sometimes gives CC-5xx errors, or other issues.

Different programmers, different programming languages... the Mac team has beat the Windows team on this one it seems.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Mac conversion was flawless and continues to connect to Schwab and download transactions properly.  Zero issues.

An identical data file for Quicken Windows will only connect to a brokerage account but not to a checking account, and acts like it is downloading, but downloads nothing.  And sometimes gives CC-5xx errors, or other issues.

Different programmers, different programming languages... the Mac team has beat the Windows team on this one it seems.

• MontanaKarl
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Also, no worries about the long thread (although I have read every post)... as a moderator closed it, so it can't get any longer at this point.  Seemed like a rude thing to do.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @MontanaKarl.  What is common is what Charles Schwab and (I hope Intuit).

As far as closing that thread.  On one hand I can see the point there isn’t any way a thread that long can be read and used by the average person to solve their problems, so it can be considered mostly a rant thread.

On the other hand the problem isn’t going away and as such people will just post to another thread.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mistertheplague
    mistertheplague Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    On my Mac, Quicken continually prompts me with this whenever I initiate an update. Going through the "reauthorization" process doesn't accomplish anything. All of my Schwab accounts show as authorized for Quicken in my Schwab dashboard, yet none of my Schwab accounts have updated in QMac since Sept. 28.

Quicken Premier Mac and Windows
  • mistertheplague
    mistertheplague Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    On Windows, Schwab is just hosed. The usual Oops it's not your fault stuff.
    Quicken Premier Mac and Windows
  • James Hupy
    James Hupy Member ✭✭
    Options
    :( I stepped through the Schwab new connection process and changed my passwords on my Schwab accounts. All that worked well. HOWEVER, everytime I update my accounts the Schwab new connection window pops up again. UGH
  • drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem where the "set up new connection" message pops up every time. Is there a timeline on a patch as I've updated at least 3 times because Schawb is my primary bank account.
This discussion has been closed.