How to merge/reconcile duplicate securities created after Schwab connection change.

Options
RonRP
RonRP Member ✭✭
In my Schwab investment accounts, after the connection change, the updates created a new security for most of my positions, by adding the stock symbol to the name (for example, where I owned Dodge, it created Dodge (DOGX)). Then it added placeholder shares with a grayed out entry in 1992 to reconcile to the “new” security. So my account now shows double the value and double the positions, but with 2 security names. Deleting the new entry doesn’t help, since each update creates it again. And I can’t edit the security names because it won’t “duplicate” the existing one. I don’t know of a way to change the hundreds of historical transactions on a macro basis (search and replace) to conform to the “new” securities that Quicken or Schwab seems to want to use. Mac, current version. Subscription.

Best Answer

• brbr
    brbr Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know how to take screen shot and send to you.
    I went to "Account List" clicked on "C Schwab account" then "Edit" then "General tab"
    scrolled down to box showing "tracking method" two choices- "Simple" Positions only
    or "Complete" Positions & Transactions. "complete was checked. I am using Quicken Premier, Version R37.25; Build 27.1.37.25 on Windows 10. Hope this helps

Answers

• Piupolino
    Options
    Same problem here.
  • Fried
    Fried Member
    Options
    Times 3. Also after getting reconnected and downloading again, I have HUNDREDS of un-matched transactions going back 18 months. This situation is completely unacceptable. I have used quicken for about 30 years and think it is time to find a different, better package for my personal accounting.
  • brbr
    brbr Member ✭✭
    Options
    None of my Schwab holdings transferred over to the portfolio view. Tried calling Quicken Premier support but was cut off after holding 45 min. What a mess.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @brbr Click Settings on your Schwab account and make sure Investment Tracking Method is set to Detailed. If it got reset to Simple, that hides all your transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • brbr
    brbr Member ✭✭
    Options
    my Schwab account account tracking method was set to "complete". I did an update, Quicken connected to Schwab but still no list of investments in portfolio view. Any other suggestions for a fix?
  • jacobs
    Options
    brbr said:
    my Schwab account account tracking method was set to "complete". I did an update, Quicken connected to Schwab but still no list of investments in portfolio view. Any other suggestions for a fix?
    @brbr  I don't have a Schwab account to compare with my other accounts, but are you saying that in the Accounts Setting screen for your Schwab account, you don't see this...

...but you do see something that says "Complete"? Could you post a screenshot?

• brbr
    brbr Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I went to "Account List" clicked on "C Schwab account" then "Edit" then "General tab"
    scrolled down to box showing "tracking method" two choices- "Simple" Positions only
    or "Complete" Positions & Transactions. "complete was checked. I am using Quicken Premier, Version R37.25; Build 27.1.37.25 on Windows 10. Hope this helps
  • jacobs
    Options
    brbr said:
    @brbr  Ah, I now see you're using Quicken Windows. My response was regarding Quicken Mac, as this thread was originally a Quicken Mac question. I suggest you create a new post in a Quicken Windows category of this forum, so the Windows experts here can hopefully advise you.
This discussion has been closed.