MWTSX Metropolitan West total Return Bond Fund

Options
Historical prices won't download and are now no longer in my history. I have been tracking this investment in quicken for years

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Download Quotes gets the daily prices for the past 30 days, Friday prices for 11 months before that, and monthly for even older dates. So unless you update the quotes at least every 30 days, you will have price gaps. Download Historical prices lets you get data for up to 5 years.

The weekly data can be a problem matching with brokerage statements because it does not always include the data for the last day of the month.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• JRW1
    JRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Clarification, current price does update. I always use download historical prices. Now I notice that the old prices are now -0-. I am on windows 8.1 R36.38
  • JRW1
    JRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found in help how to import price history from a csv file. Imported two years succesfully. For anyone that is interested the file needs to be [ticker,price,date] That's a useful tool. Back in love with quicken
  • JRW1
    JRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spoke to soon. I got the message successfully uploaded x prices, but when I look at my portfolio for days earlier than November 12 of this year the price field is blank so my market value is zero. Maybe the investment has somehow become corrupted in my data. If I try to manually enter a price in the portfolio screen it does not stay when I move off of the field. Maybe the investment has somehow become corrupted in my data.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    You say, "I always use Download historical prices." Normally that is not necessary. Have you had trouble with historical prices disappearing in the past?

You might try backing up your data file, then do a File > Validate and Repair with the Correct investing price history option selected. Try the Repair option first, and if that doesn't help, try Delete and Rebuild.
  • JRW1
    JRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jim. I will give that a shot after work this evening. As for the reason I use download historical prices. I have some brokerage accounts at schwab into which I update transactions and everything using "one step update". I have some other retirement accounts including the one holding this fund that are held at places that do not support quicken interface with their website and I enter transactions manually. I always download the history to make sure I don't have gaps in the price history. I thought download quotes would only get the current day's prices. That is my reasoning for downloading the history. I may be mistaken about that. Thanks again
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Download Quotes gets the daily prices for the past 30 days, Friday prices for 11 months before that, and monthly for even older dates. So unless you update the quotes at least every 30 days, you will have price gaps. Download Historical prices lets you get data for up to 5 years.

The weekly data can be a problem matching with brokerage statements because it does not always include the data for the last day of the month.

• JRW1
    JRW1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The restore option did not fix the problem. The delete/rebuild did. I was not crazy about losing price history 5+ years so I restored the backup. I now realize the problem is with a few individual stock holdings as well. Through restoring backups realized it happened sometime after September 27. So I guess I if I want to keep my investment price history I could walk this data forward. Or alternatively I could do the repair on my more current data but lose the 5+ year history. Thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.