R36.45 patch does NOT allow deactivating of Schwab investment accounts

@Quicken Chris posted a link this afternoon to this support article listing the known issues with the new Schwab connection / download process:

https://www.quicken.com/support/charles-schwab-transaction-download-changes

One of the known issues is the inability by some of us to Deactivate partially connected Schwab brokerage accounts so that we can re-authorize/re-connect them.  For us, the Deactivate button in the Online Services tab of the Account Details dialog (>Edit Account) does nothing - it asks if we'd like to deactivate, we say 'yes', and nothing happens.

The support article above says that we can wait a few days for a patch  - or can download the R36.45 patch from a link in the article.

For me, the R36.45 patch (which is actually a full installation of Quicken - uninstalling the existing version) is no improvement.  Cannot deactivate Schwab accounts ... which aren't connected in the first place.

Wanted to post to save others grief.  On the other hand, it would be good for at least one or two people who are also unable to deactivate to see if they have the same experience... :-)

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Comments

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    I tried resetting one of the brokerage accounts (which would not deactivate).  Now, I am being given the Schwab authorization login screen sequence for every account that I had checked ... and when I click Take me back to Quicken ... I am (still) NEVER given the screen to Add, Link, Ignore any of the accounts.  So accounts that do not belong in the current data file are being added automatically even as the ones that are IN the file and that I want linked are being ignored.

When I click on a bank account that was not supposed to be added - so that I can edit account > delete... before the account register is even displayed, Quicken crashes without any error message.  Not reproducible - relaunching Quicken and can view the account, deactivate it, and delete it.

So... I see no improvement at all in R36.45

• MontanaKarl
    edited November 2021
    Another bug/issue... A brokerage account that was added in the reset process (last post) that did not belong in this data file... had holdings and transactions downloaded ... but shows as not set up for online services and with no account number in spite of the download!  Quite bizarre.

Worse...Quicken will not delete this account.   I enter 'yes' at the delete account confirmation, but the account will not go away. :-(

Restored a backup for now while we wait for the next patch.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Worse...Quicken will not delete this account.   I enter 'yes' at the delete account confirmation, but the account will not go away. :-(

Off chance, try validate and repair, sometimes Quicken creates "temporary accounts" and doesn't clean them up, but validate and repair does.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MontanaKarl
    In today's post here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902129/schwab-accounts-missing-investment-transactions#latest

@Quicken Chris said that the 'no transactions downloaded' issue is fixed in the R36.45 patch (build 27.1.36.45).  It is not for me.  In another data file, I linked a checking and brokerage account that are also linked to a Quicken Mac file.

The Quicken Mac file has been downloading transactions all month.

The Quicken Windows file 27.1.36.45 which I just re-activated (deactivated, add account, linked to each of the existing accounts) - has not downloaded any transactions since Nov 5.

I just did a OSU to verify that nothing would download ... and now there is a red flag next to my brokerage account as if there are transactions...but there are none.  Downloaded transaction list shows (0).  So what is the red flag about? :-(

Aha... a bug that someone mentioned in another thread.  I quit and re-launched Quicken... and now 464 (!) transactions show up in the downloaded transaction list... in random date order, unable to sort..but the missing November transactions are buried in there!  Now to clean up all 464 of these things since Quicken does not allow shift-click to select a range of transactions to delete from a brokerage download as it does for all other account types :-(

• jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    While RS36.45 does solve the problem of not being able to de-active Direct Connect for some Schwab accounts, it does not prevent or fix the "endless sign-in loop" or Schwab's "we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers" issue.
  • PeterKoes
    PeterKoes Member ✭✭
    Concur. I have the same issue. Comparing what happens to the description in Quicken's troubleshooting instructions, the web browser window for sign is at Charles Schwab never opens.
  • lawton46
    lawton46 Member ✭✭
    had my hopes up when I saw the 36.45 update but once downloaded it still did not allow me to sign on. what a pain!
  • MontanaKarl
    I started a thread on R36.45 not resolving issues last night.  Maybe a moderator can merge these two threads?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902251/r36-45-patch-does-not-allow-deactivating-of-schwab-investment-accounts

• jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    Similar experience however the patch now adds the new feature of not being able to cancel the "add account" process, forcing you to exit Quicken improperly.
  • jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    Chatting with Tech Support. Now the few Schwab accounts that were working properly have been corrupted by tons of bogus/repeated transactions....
  • Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to add to this Community discussion with your thoughts and experiences, though I apologize that the Schwab issues have continued for you. 

If you haven't already, please take a look at this Knowledge Base article.

Quicken Alyssa