Issue with Freedom Mortgage signin credentials

Freedom Mortgage recently changed login from ID to email address. Have not been able to log in since, even tho i can log in to their site with same credentials. I have gone as far as deleting the account from quicken and tried to re-add, but online banking gives the credentials error.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, login credentials are stored in the Mac Keychain app. Delete the existing entry and try connecting again.
  • robertkenzie
    robertkenzie Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but i don't think that's it. i changed passwords on my bank accounts and credit card accounts fairly regularly. When i do, i just re-establish the new credentials, and they are replaced in keychain. Also, i only see one entry in keychain, and that is for Intuit which i guess holds all the intuit passwords.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

• robertkenzie
    robertkenzie Member ✭✭
    I will do that.. thanks..
  • I am having the same issue. They have added 2factor authorization via email or SMS message as well. When does Quicken update their interface?
  • robertkenzie
    robertkenzie Member ✭✭
    Interesting - but i'm not using two-factor authentication...
  • whitey_71
    whitey_71 Member
    edited November 2021
    Freedom mortgage has changed their signin process and Quicken no longer signs in. Not much in the way of error message. It just says there is a problem and offers the fix-it action button which does not fix it.

I believe Freedom mortgage has added two factor authentication as that is now required on web sign-in. The 2nd factor code is sent by email or SMS message. The sign-in process waits for entry of the code before proceeding.

I know I have other accounts on Quicken that work similarly. Hopefully this can be addressed!
  • jemaccou
    jemaccou Member
    Facing the same issue. I am hoping this get addressed quickly.
  • dthea1
    dthea1 Member ✭✭
    me also. Just sent a msg to support team
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
    Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• DOS_Vader
    DOS_Vader Member ✭✭
    I have been in contact with Quicken Support and Freedom Mortgage Support. No resolution from either, after spending more than 2 hours on the phone with Quicken who kept going down the path that my password has characters it does not like (I can login to website without issue) I had to end the call. If all of those affected by this issue would please call support for both then they might put forth the effort to actually do something. This was working fine for me up to November 18, 2021. That is when I started having the issue (CC502 - Bad Credentials Error).
  • DOS_Vader
    DOS_Vader Member ✭✭
    By the way when you go to "add" Freedom Mortgage to update is the phone number shown correct? I see the phone number for what turns out to be for MyLoanCare and not Freedom Mortgage.
  • johnkt
    johnkt Member ✭✭
    exact same problem starting the exact same date. I was in a chat with a quicken help person for over an hour today. They refused to believe anything I said. All they wanted me to do was continually deactivate and attempt to reactivate the account. Over. And over. And over. They refused to believe that something is wrong with the system between quicken and freedom mortgage somewhere. I am not sure how to elevate it to get help from someone better at this point. When freedom mortgage updated/changed their logins, it definitely broke something in the system.
  • robertkenzie
    robertkenzie Member ✭✭
    YeH I was on the phone for two hours probably. Sent a trouble report with data. Hopefully someone is working on it.
  • johnkt
    johnkt Member ✭✭
    should've said in my previous post, I am on windows not a mac. So this is clearly not a mac or windows issue. it is a quicken freedom mortgage issue.
  • johnkt
    johnkt Member ✭✭
    There is another thread of other people (myself included) having the same issue. I spent hours on the chat and quicken refused to acknowledge there might be a problem. They just had me do all of these other steps no matter how many times I told them it wasn't that and pointed out people on forums are having the same issue. I gave up and quit the chat ultimately after they asked me to deactivate and reactivate it for the 4th time.
  • Rich Q
    Rich Q Member ✭✭
    Yes, Freedom Mortgage just changed to a 2FA login process. I’m having the same problem. And my Quicken subscription is coming due in a week. Not sure if I care to renew.
  • Rich Q
    Rich Q Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I have the same problem. Stupid that Quicken cant get it resolved, or indicate they are working on it. What’s the point of using Quicken if it won’t download?
  • Rich Q
    Rich Q Member ✭✭
    They recently changed to a 2FA login, and now, Quicken can’t/won’t connect to download…. I don’t want a Manual Entry Account. If that were what I wanted, I’d not pay for Quicken…. I’d use a blank spreadsheet.

And I don’t want to wait on hold on the phone, nor do I have time to sit and “Chat”…. How about just an e-mail contact Quicken? I’ve sent in a dozen error logs…but apparently they just go to…. Who knows?
  • Hello all, 

Thank you all for taking the time to visit the Community to report the issues you are having, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this. 

As the OP kindly pointed out at the start of this discussion, the issues you are seeing are due to a change on the financial institution's side. That being said, the changes will not reflect in Quicken unless the financial institution has relayed those changes to them. 

Here is a link that you all can provide to Freedom Mortage, so they can have their information updated in Quicken. I would guess that they have already done this, but given that you all are still seeing issues, it can't hurt to provide it to them. 

Hope this helps to get you all reconnected sooner rather than later!

Quicken Alyssa

• robertkenzie
    robertkenzie Member ✭✭
    Well, i've been in software development all my life, and i would never ask a user to broker a technical issue between two tech organizaitons.
  • johnkt
    johnkt Member ✭✭
    So quicken doesn't work any more and you want us to call the other company to fix it? Why doesn't quicken call freedom mortgage to fix it? Why do you expect your customers to fix something for you?
  • MariMare
    MariMare Member
    Quicken may you please work with Freedom Mortgage to reestablish connectivity. I believe that the onus is on you to resolve these issues as your customers are paying to have an accurate picture of their financial standing, not to work on technical issues on Quicken's behalf.
  • BestMom
    BestMom Member
    Agree! As we pay for Quicken it is not the consumer's responsibility to address this issue. We pay for a service thus the responsibility is on you Quicken! Please address this issue and whatever is going on with Pentagon Federal Credit Union as well. Beyond maddening.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This forum its not Quicken Support; you are not talking to Quicken management here.

I understand why you want to vent about financial institutions which are not working correctly, but your best recourse is to file a report with Quicken Support. They are likely aware of the issues; ideally, each of these financial institutions is in line to be fixed in the days ahead. But if everyone assumes someone else has reported a problem, it's possible it hasn't been reported, or it was seen as an isolated case if just one person reported it.

In each of these cases, the financial institution is responsible for changing their website or login procedures or security. They are supposed to have notified Quicken (Intuit, actually, as Quicken's contracted connectivity provider) in advance of making the change, but too often it turns out they have not. (As much as we Quicken users have a Quicken-centric view, Quicken connectivity is often a small afterthought for financial institutions when they are launching updates.) So it's often the case that Intuit only finds out about changes once users begin reporting outages or errors. Then there are multiple factors impacting how quickly an outage gets fixed; factors include the size of the financial institution (large banks which impact more users are higher priorities than small banks or credit unions which impact a small), how many other financial institutions have connectivity problems (there can be dozens at a time), whether Intuit can fix the issue on its own or needs to work with the financial institution to get them to make changes or make changes at each end. Put all that in the blender, and it can take a very short time or quite a long time to get fixed.

You can choose to blame Quicken solely because you are paying for a subscription, but the reality is that these are complicated messes to clean up. While the eventual solution depends on Intuit and/or the financial institution, customers can play a role in reporting and documenting problems to Quicken, and calling problems to the attention of the financial institutions which have precipitated the problems in the first place. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.