Before you buy....

jimaikins
jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
The tremendous number of users experiencing real problems right now -- as evidenced by the all of the frustrated/angry posts -- suggests that Quicken is not presently working as advertised/sold. Will we receive any consideration as our subscriptions come up for renewal? thanks

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It’s typically impossible for us as consumers to know how much of a problem is on Quicken’s end and how much is on the financial institution. For instance, the ongoing issues with Schwab are due to their decision to drop Direct Connect and switch to EWC+ — is Quicken to blame for the problems caused by this switch? 80%? 50%? 20%?

In any case, I am not aware of any time that Quicken has offered refunds or extended subscriptions due to outages at specific financial institutions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jimaikins
    jimaikins Member ✭✭✭
    To the best of my knowledge, Quicken has never suggested that the problem is at Schwab's end. In fact, this very site says: "In our ongoing effort to improve the security of your information, we are changing the way you access and download your Charles Schwab account information into Quicken."
    If the functionality I purchased is not working, then some consideration seems perfectly reasonable.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jimaikins No, Quicken has not thrown Schwab under the bus. But at least part of the impetus for this change came from Schwab, and they have a role in getting their end of the software to work correctly. Schwab, for instance, is solely responsible for creating a condition which allows a user to have only one Quicken file which is registered with Schwab, which is the source of one cluster of problems users are having. Quicken doesn't inherently have this limitation, and the Quicken folks wish that Schwab would relax it. But as I said, it's impossible for us to parse how much of the initial and ongoing problems are at which end.

You can state the case for reparations as much as you want here, but since you're talking to fellow users and not Quicken management, you're barking up the wrong tree, I'm afraid. Your fellow users can tell you past history, and why some things are the way they are, but we can't change Quicken's policies.

Quicken deals with some 14,000 financial institutions. some are broken every week. Many are broken because the financial institution changed their website or security protocols, often without giving advance notice to Quicken. So you think Quicken should pay out, even if they didn't do anything wrong, because a bank changed their website? If Quicken were to offer refunds, think about how small the amounts would need to be for a product which costs $50/year (or less in some cases). If one of your financial institutions it out of service for two weeks, how much should they give you? A full 2/52 of your subscription? That would be $2 for a $51 subscription. But what if another financial institution is out for two weeks later in the year? Another $2 give-back? The odds are that many users will have at least one financial institution have a connectivity issue during a year; some will have none, but some will have several. If they were to offer some stem of micropayment refunds (or subscription extensions), they would surely raise the price of Quicken to compensate for it or they'd go out of business.

That's just my simple analysis of it -- but what I think doesn't really matter. ;) I was only telling you that I'm not aware of Quicken ever giving back money for any financial institution connectivity issues. You can say you think you're entitled to it, but since Quicken management isn't reading these comments, it's not going to do any good.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    From Help -> Terms of Use

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    [Removed-Rant]
This discussion has been closed.