Automatic Downloads from BECU Destroyed Four Year Old Accounts

Options
Recent downloads from BECU have inserted transactions into erroneous dates and duplicated others. This has resulted in completely ruining running balances and historical data. I can no longer trust any of the data in six accounts because of this.
What are you going to do about this Quicken? This is my financial portfolio that just got wiped out and I will have to start over.
Oh yeah, Tax season is coming up too.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Wesley Foster,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rippinghawk
    Options
    I want to reinforce the same symptom here. I have 18 separate accounts in my quicken over multiple banking institutions. I have been using it since the early 90's. 6.4.1 worked perfectly. 6.4.4 went back and added duplicate and WRONG transaction back into early 2020.

It blended and mixed separate account transactions at the same banking institutions.
    It refuses to see multiple accounts at the same institution and link them correctly.

4+ YEARS of painstaking work is now, NOT WORKING or trustworthy.

Before you tell me, Oh, load a backup! Oh, re-sync and delete the duplicates. DID that. MULTIPLE times over and over. I have quicken set to back up daily. I had to go back to October 15th, load a backup and I have been trying to get it to JUST UPDATE a SINGLE account without being corrupted.

NOT happening. Multiple attempts to re-sync, about 45 physical hours or attempts to just re-sync with different financial institutions, TD Ameritrade, AMEX, two different banks, ect ect.

HELP PLEASE. Running catalina, and everything was awesome with 6.4.1. 6.4.4 has killed all of my work.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Rippinghawk,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize you are experiencing this.

Where is your data file located on your computer? Please provide the entire file pathway. Also, check to see if there are any cloud services or thrid-party apps actively backing up your file. If there are any, you should exclude your main data file from the backup.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this. Thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• Rippinghawk
    Options
    There are no third party apps backing up my file OR my computer.
    ../documents/quicken/ file location
    No cloud services at all.
This discussion has been closed.