Quicken Mobile without Cloud Sync?

I want to use Quicken Mobile and the mobile app, but I don't want to use Cloud Sync. I see no benefit to it; it's simply a drag on performance when syncing with mobile and ding the one-step update.

Is this possible? If not, why not?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is not possible.  The Quicken cloud data set is a partial copy of the desktop data file.  Without the syncing from the desktop data file there wouldn't be any accounts created no memorized pays no categories nothing.  The mobile app and web are the gui's that show what is in the Quicken cloud data set.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • HalScoggins
    HalScoggins Member ✭✭✭
    But there are apparently two different kinds of synching; Cloud and Mobile. When I do a one-step update, I have cloud synching enabled. But that doesn't get my mobile data synced. I have to that separately by going to the Mobile and Web function, and doing a Sync Now.

So, according to what you're telling me, I can sync to the Cloud without synching with Mobile, but I can't sync with Mobile without synching to the Cloud. Is that correct?
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nope.  When you sync to mobile, your Quicken desktop data subset is sent to the Quicken Cloud.  Then, when you open your mobile device, that data is sent from the Quicken Cloud to your phone or tablet.

If you sync to mobile, it goes through the Quicken Cloud.

But the Quicken Cloud is also used for other tasks aside from just syncing.  It also contains your subscription info and if you use Express Web Connect to download transactions, your transactions will reside there until you initiate a One Step Update or download to the account in Quicken.

But if you sync your data between devices, you ARE using Quicken Cloud in addition to those other functions.  
This discussion has been closed.