How to move 6 yrs worth of Sam's transactions fr one credit card account to another?

For 6 years have had to go to Syncrony site to export Sams CCard transactions. Have now discovered that adding account and selecting "Sams Clubworld Elite Mastercard" as the institution connects to same account but with Express Connect capability. Set up asked to to accept account as "new" into Quicken. It did not give me the option to "link' account to my existing Sams account. So now I have TWO accounts for Sams CCard.

I would like to somehow transfer hundreds of transactions from old account to new. I tried selecting numerous accounts for typical transfer, but Q would not do it.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Tom P In Sunny Virginia Beach, Va
Q Win Premier Sub

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Greg,

Searched but could not find this FAQ. Also did not realize transferring hundreds could be this simple. All done successfully!

You da man!
    Thank you
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Just so you know the QEL data is the "unique Ids" that are stored for determining if a transaction has already been downloaded or not.  It is actually stored in a separate file that is in the .QDF file (the .QDF file is a compressed file like a ZIP file).  So even though it doesn't directly relate to the individual transactions, the very fact that it was messed up implies that something really got corrupted.
    >
    > This is different than a normal moving of transactions between accounts.

I might have messed this up myself. After copying trans from old to new file, I removed old by "deleting" some and "cutting" others. Never pasted them anywhere. So as I said I restored Bk Up. Super Val then ran fine. So...I added the new account again, and copied and pasted trans again, and DELETED old. Looks good. Super Val looks good. I'd say mission accomplished.

Thanks for your help
    Q Win Premier Sub

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Greg,

Searched but could not find this FAQ. Also did not realize transferring hundreds could be this simple. All done successfully!

You da man!
    Thank you
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you clicked on the link? It should work ...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    @UKR, I believe the OP found the FAQ and was able to move the transactions successfully.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Daggone It! Everything looked good until I re-started Q and saw lots of problems. Ran Super Val, reported corrupt QEL. Messed around for a while but ended up restoring 2 day old backup.
    Q Win Premier Sub
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    For me I usually ran into problems with transfer transactions that were in any of the accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TPerk said:
    Daggone It! Everything looked good until I re-started Q and saw lots of problems. Ran Super Val, reported corrupt QEL. Messed around for a while but ended up restoring 2 day old backup.
    Just so you know the QEL data is the "unique Ids" that are stored for determining if a transaction has already been downloaded or not.  It is actually stored in a separate file that is in the .QDF file (the .QDF file is a compressed file like a ZIP file).  So even though it doesn't directly relate to the individual transactions, the very fact that it was messed up implies that something really got corrupted.

This is different than a normal moving of transactions between accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TPerk
    TPerk Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Just so you know the QEL data is the "unique Ids" that are stored for determining if a transaction has already been downloaded or not.  It is actually stored in a separate file that is in the .QDF file (the .QDF file is a compressed file like a ZIP file).  So even though it doesn't directly relate to the individual transactions, the very fact that it was messed up implies that something really got corrupted.
    >
    > This is different than a normal moving of transactions between accounts.

I might have messed this up myself. After copying trans from old to new file, I removed old by "deleting" some and "cutting" others. Never pasted them anywhere. So as I said I restored Bk Up. Super Val then ran fine. So...I added the new account again, and copied and pasted trans again, and DELETED old. Looks good. Super Val looks good. I'd say mission accomplished.

Thanks for your help
    Q Win Premier Sub
This discussion has been closed.