Report showing just Q4 balances over multiple years

Options
Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
Can I do this report in Quicken?  Are there workarounds?
Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you mean the year end balances? That's easy, set the interval on an Account balances report to Year.

If you want the starting and ending Q4 balances, I think you would have to set the interval on the Account Balances report to Quarterly, export the data to Excel, and manipulate it there.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Phil Burton
    Options

I can certainly do the starting and ending Q4 balances, but only one year at a time.  (Or am I missing something.)  Instead of entering a full four-digit year, I tried to enter 20?? for the custom date range for this report, but the report would not accept the "?".
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it is one year at a time, not multiple years in one report, choose a custom date range with the starting and ending dates, 9/1/20 to 12/31/20 for example and set the interval to Quarterly.

There is no built in way to get 4Q18, 4Q19 and 4Q20 by themselves in one report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Phil Burton
    Options

There is no built in way to get 4Q18, 4Q19 and 4Q20 by themselves in one report.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping against hope that the answer would be different. :(

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about 2 reports, the first for multiple years for the start of the quarter and the second for multiple years for the end of the quarter?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Phil Burton
    Options
    mshiggins said:
    How about 2 reports, the first for multiple years for the start of the quarter and the second for multiple years for the end of the quarter?

Thanks.  I will have to try.

This discussion has been closed.