Option to truly work privately

Options
Is there some way to tell Quicken to leave me alone, and not look over my shoulder?

When I add an account, I don't want Quicken to call home. I don't want Quicken to default to peering into my finances and downloading transactions. I don't want to have to dismiss dialog boxes where Quicken cannot find an internet connection. I just want an accounting program.

I cannot seem to find anything in the preferences for such a blanket 'leave me alone, let me run offline in peace' setting (or even better, 'stop calling home even if I'm online' setting).

Many like convenience. I prefer privacy. There's gotta be a setting for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what degree of 'privacy' you're looking for. You can definitely enter your transactions manually, without having any accounts connected for downloads, and Quicken works exceptionally well. (I use it this way, more for workflow reasons than privacy.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Do you have the Sync switch turned off in Preferences > Mobile, Web, Alerts? That will eliminate some but not all online communication done by Quicken.

Other than that, Quicken being a subscription product, is always going to "call home" to check the subscription status. Nothing you can do about that.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.