why does my quicken close every time after one step update completes?

One step update issues

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jbh1162,

Can you give us some additional details about what is happening and specifically what you are seeing, so we can better assess your problem?  Any additional details - including error code(s) is any - will be helpful

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jbh1162
    jbh1162 Member ✭✭
    No error codes. Quicken just closes after one step update completes. I can re-open quicken and all else functions correctly.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @jbh1162,

Do you happen to have a Capital One card and is that one of the accounts that are included in the one step update?  If so, please deselect that account (or those accounts if there's more than one card) and attempt the update again.  Let me know what happens.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jbh1162
    jbh1162 Member ✭✭
    I no longer have any Capital One accounts. Closed them last year. Not in my update list.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Hi again @jbh1162,

I don't want to beat a dead horse (as they say) but can you double check to make sure that any of your previously active Capital One accounts (especially credit card accounts) have no data left in the "Account Details" - "General" and "Online Services" tabs, including in the "Financial Institution", "Account Number", "Routing Number", "Customer ID" fields.  Other users have had a similar problem as the one you are seeing and have been able to fix it by deleting the old data in these locations.

Frankx

• jbh1162
    jbh1162 Member ✭✭
    Will double check tonight. I’ll let you know. Thanks!
  • jbh1162
    jbh1162 Member ✭✭
    Went through twice. Deleted all info except the account name. Accounts are closed in quicken. Still closes after one step update. Thanks for your input.
  • mdsperry
    mdsperry Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same "closing after update" problem. My CapOne cards have been closed in Quicken for a long time. This problem just started recently (last week or so). Running version R36.45 Build 27.1.36.45.
  • jbh1162
    jbh1162 Member ✭✭
    My "closing after update" problem has not been resolved. It has been going on for about a month. Maybe something happened with one of the updates.
  • mdsperry
    mdsperry Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same "closing after update" problem. My CapOne cards have been closed in Quicken for a long time. This problem just started recently (last week or so). Running version R36.45 Build 27.1.36.45.
  • jbh1162
    jbh1162 Member ✭✭
    Latest update from quicken uploaded tonight seems to have taken care of the problem.
This discussion has been closed.