Regions bank Direct Connect Duplicates

Anyone else having issues with Regions duplicating past downloaded transactions?

Comments

• Jack Caddell
    Jack Caddell Member ✭✭
    Yes, any idea on what to do?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Hello @HiwasseeVol & @Jack Caddell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the guidance found in this support article regarding Duplicate Transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    I am still having this issue as of November 22, 2021. Any solution other than to delete the duplicates manually?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Karl Hanson, 

Thank you for your response. Pardon the frustration caused by this issue. For this instance, I would recommend adding the "downloaded ID" column and checking to see if the IDs are the same or different. 

For more information and instructions steps please visit the link below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • rodney1259
    rodney1259 Member ✭✭
    I'm still having this issue. Reached out to Regions yesterday Nov. 24th and they don't seem to know what to do about it. The ID's are definitely different. Their suggestion was to continue to delete duplicates. Not a solution at all!
  • ceblake51
    ceblake51 Member ✭✭
    Also receiving duplicate transactions from Regions on previously closed transactions. Seems to have started with the last Quicken up. Deleting manually is not a solution.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @rodney1259 and @ceblake51

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community, although we apologize you are having this issue. 

If you have not already please visit the link below for more information. 

As is mentioned in the help article if the Downloaded IDs match please contact Quicken Support. However, if the Downloaded IDs are different this is something the OFX/online banking team through your financial institution will need to solve. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    My duplicate entries have the same Downloaded ID. I am still getting them. What is the solution? Deleting them manually is not a solution.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Karl Hanson, 

Thank you for your response. If this is a reoccurring issue and the Downloaded IDs are the same please contact Quicken Support.

Please let us know how it goes and of any questions. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • H4RRY
    H4RRY Member ✭✭
    Regions sent an email in early November saying they were aware of the problem and it was limited to the first few days of the month. But the problem persisted through the 3rd week or so, and now today it is back for me. Others are reporting it in this thread as well:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902291/regions-wont-stop-duplicating-transactions
  • Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    I spent over an hour with Quicken support this morning trying all sorts of fixes. But I am still getting duplicate entries. And the Downloaded IDs are the same. I need a solution.
  • wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    Same. Still have this problem. IDs are identical. This has gone on for way too long. There needs to be a fix.
  • Hello all, 

Can I please have you guys add screenshots of the transactions that show the same Downloaded ID's if it's not too much trouble?

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

This is what that would look like.

Make sure you have the Downloaded ID column fully extended so we can see the entire number. 

Looking forward to getting an update on this from you all. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    Ok. I don't have any duplicates at the moment as I have deleted them all. I can say my Downloaded ID are nothing like what you have here. They say something like 20211201DEBITDEBIT. In fact, they all look like that for a given date. It's obviously the date and then DEBITDEBIT. Not sure if I am missing something or what is going on.
  • @wurdmann,

All financial institutions have different formats for these ID's. The format is not important, the picture was more so to show what I am going to need to see. 

When and if you get more duplicates, you can then add your screenshots here. Thank you. 

Quicken Alyssa

• I am a long time Quicken user but this is the worst error I have experienced to date. Regions is my primary bank and if this issue cannot be resolved between Quicken and Regions, I will be forced to move to a different financial application.
  • Alyssa - In my subscription version of the Windows PC install version, there is not an option called "Columns" in the bottom right corner of the register. For this version of Quicken, to show the "Downloaded ID" column, you need to click on the account, and from the top right, click on the Actions settings icon pull-down menu (picture of a gear), then click on "Register columns..." and then check the "Downloaded ID" check box.
  • The IDs do appear to be different, but Regions hasn't got a clue and apparently, either does Quicken.
  • Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    > @wurdmann said:
    > Ok. I don't have any duplicates at the moment as I have deleted them all. I can say my Downloaded ID are nothing like what you have here. They say something like 20211201DEBITDEBIT. In fact, they all look like that for a given date. It's obviously the date and then DEBITDEBIT. Not sure if I am missing something or what is going on.

Be sure to expand that column all the way to the right to see everything in the column. I have the same format as you and thought all the Downloaded ID's were the same. I expanded the column and I see there is also a number following DEBITDEBIT that they are slightly different.

I called Regions and they are going to look into it and call me back. Hopefully.
  • Here is an example of two different IDs for the same transaction downloaded from Regions Bank
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Gregg Kessloff The FITID number is provided by the financial institution. So if they are changing the numbers on their server somehow, Quicken will see each transactions with different numbers as separate transactions. There's nothing Quicken can do to fix this; it has to be fixed by the bank. You may want to try calling Regions again, and trying to get past front-line support to someone at the bank who is actually knowledgeable about Quicken/Intuit/OFX download issues.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • grantkbrown
    grantkbrown Member ✭✭
    I have tried working with Reqions Bank IT person, Aston. He stated on Thursday, 12/2/2021 that the problem is not with Regions Bank. That they had fixed their issue. Started to get duplicates on 11/16/2021 and it continues through today, 12/4, 2021. I have reset account and that did not work. Not sure what to do now. Tried to add download number to account register but cannot find where to get it. Next ???
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Quicken Alyssa Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Gregg Kessloff,

Thank you for taking the time to add to the discussion and provide the screenshot I had requested. 

That being said, @jacobs is correct. The numbers are assigned by the financial institution and each transaction should only be assigned one identification number. For some reason, it seems that almost every time people update their accounts, Regions is assigning new numbers to the transactions. This makes it impossible for Quicken to know that they have already been downloaded. 

For Direct connect issues like this, there is nothing that Quicken can do to fix it. Direct Connect uses the bank's servers and we at Quicken do not have access to those servers to make corrections. I am trying together as much information on this as possible so that Quicken can escalate the issue with Regions if needed. However, I cannot say for certain at this point if that will happen or not. So in the meantime, please do as jacobs mentioned above and continue to reach out to Regions regarding the issue. 

-You did not see the "columns" option that I mentioned above because you added your comment to a Mac discussion and any steps given would pertain to the Mac version. There is also a Win thread on this issue, I will now move these comments over there. 

Thank you. 

Quicken Alyssa
  • Jack Caddell
    Jack Caddell Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact problem. I am going to change banks if Regions cant resolve this. I have banked with Regions or its predecessors all my life. This is frustrating to say the least.
  • Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    Regions called me back. They said the issue is on their end and they are working to fix it. So disappointing.
  • wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    @"Karl Hanson" That seems encouraging. Hopefully, they can get it fixed soon. It's getting real old having to delete the duplicates (especially the duplicate deposits).
  • Karl Hanson
    Karl Hanson Member ✭✭
    Still no fix. Regions blows.
  • wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    Any update on this. Still happening to me.
  • Waljax
    Waljax Member ✭✭
    I have also been dealing with this for weeks and it has cost me a ridiculous amount of time. I rebuilt my accounts with a Quicken representative a few days ago and nothing has changed. I'm following this thread with hope that someone will stumble onto a solution.
  • wurdmann
    wurdmann Member ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure this is 100% Regions fault. They keep giving different IDs to the same transaction. Until the fix that I don't see how this gets resolved. It's obviously related to whatever software update they did. I just want to know they are working on it.
This discussion has been closed.