Online Bills are inconsistent in populating due date

I have several online bills that do not populate their due dates and I have missed payments due to this. Some I have issues with that will never populate a due date and then some that will one month and not the next. I have 20+ online bills. I run my rental company with Quicken.  As an example, Quicken will say the next bill is not yet available but the bill will be due and this can be confirmed on the billers website. I just find that in general Online Bills is inconsistent and unreliable. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated. Maybe their is something I could do to improve this. Long term Quicken user of 10+ years.  I have done the Review & Repair Online Billers but don't see any improvement after this

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jnprop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken Anja! I will try this! 
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja

I actually did two things. I restored from a backup and I created a new test file. No change.

As concrete example right now.  I have an American Express Business credit card account. The bill closing date was 11/19 and is due on Dec 14th. When I refresh the bill it will just come back with "Biller added waiting for latest updates" And it will do this up to the due date and after. It never picks up the bill. Is this a huge deal? Maybe not, but I depend on this to prompt (remind) me to pay this particular bill. I have 20+ online billers, not to mention manual. Probably 40+ total. You can see why depend on this and I have missed payments because of this.  And this is not the only bill I have this same issue with. 

Of note, I have two other American Express accounts, a personal accoutn, and an account I pay for my father that populate fine each month with no issues. 

Any further comment/discussion would be appreciated. I can get a list of the other billers that do this if needed. 

THanks, 
    Parrish 
  • @jnprop,

Yes, please provide us with the names of the billers you have this issue with. If the issues differ depending on the biller, please give specifics.

Once I have the list, I will take a deeper look from our end. Just to check the current health of the billers you are having issues with and to report the issues you are having internally if needed. 

Look forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• I have submitted many cases for this and have been completely ignored. In Bills & Income, the Due date in the schedule (Calendar and Bills Summary) is based on the schedule that was set during configuration of the schedule such as monthly and start date and is not dynamic based on the bill online bill that was downloaded. The due amount in the scheduled upcoming schedule is set based on the downloaded information from the online bill. If you go into the "Edit all instances" under the scheduled item under Bills & income, it shows under the "Details" window "Transaction Details" It shows all information about the upcoming transaction which includes Minimum due, Amount Due, Due Date and Bill Status. In this window it shows the correct Due Date but unlike the amount due this is not properly used to update the scheduling. This should be a very easy fix to use the correct variable to reflect to override the base configuration value exactly like it does for the amount due.

Aside from some of the claimed supported billers not able to link such as Capital One which has been failing for years, this is my biggest complaint about this feature. It baffles my mind that it hasn't never worked correctly and is such an obvious problem and solution that it appears that whoever programmed it and tested it were not thinking on how it should work.
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    @michaelbelscher2 I read all of your commentary. I find it interesting. And I am beginning to think the same thing. However, I have like 20+ online billers and not sure how many manual. I run my rental company with Quicken. I really need it to work properly. 

Quicken Alyssa
    Im sorry that I missed your comment and request. I got busy over the holidays. I am still having same issues. I will comeback here and post the billers I have trouble with. I need to turn on notifications as that is why I missed your comment. I never turned it off to my knowledge. I used to get notified for replies
  • jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    @Quicken Alyssa 

Below is what I have so far. I don't think this is it. But its a start. My overall assessment of using this feature is that in theory it is great. But it is just not reliable. It needs to be looked at and these issues fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has these problems. I am a long time Quicken User. I use it to run my rental business. I use Turbotax to do my taxes and like how those integrate. But this feature really frustrates me. 

Citizen's Bank Mortgage-

- current status: links with this error in notation under the bill "Your bill has been successfully added, but your next amount due is not yet available from your biller. You should get the latest due date when your bill is available. Try again"

- When you try again or update biller you get this error "Bill added waiting for latest updates...Your bill has been successfully added, but your next due amount is not yet available. You should get the latest due date and amount next time you update your Online Bills list"

_Never changes from current status. Bill is currently due right now. 

-Oddly, this one does populate the due date and amount. But none of the rest of the billers that due this exact thing basically will not give you due dates or amounts due

American Express Business Card, T-Mobile, Williams Sonoma Visa Card, & Potterybarn (both are Comenity Bank), Spectrum Business, Alfa Insurance, Trugreen

-current status: does not populate a due date or amount due. It is linked to a manual reminder. It stays at this status always. During mass biller updates you are not notified that these billers did not update.   The due dates for these will all come & go and never changes.

-When you update these billers individually,  you get this error "Bill added waiting for latest updates...Your bill has been successfully added, but your next due amount is not yet available. Please try to update your Bill list later"

-Of note, I have another American Express Business Card that I pay for my father. It works. It is a different account number, sign-on, etc.  Same thing for the Spectrum. I have a residential Spectrum account that works fine. 

Some of the above after several months, i just unlinked them and went back to manual as I was missing due dates. And creditors don't like that as we all know. For me, its like why in the heck is this feature part of Quicken, it doesn't work half the time.  I will continue to assess and add more information as I see it come up. 

Thanks

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭
    Correction: the PotteryBarn & Williams Sonoma accounts are Capital One. @Quicken Allyssa
  • macshaughnessy3
    macshaughnessy3 Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    I think I have a the same or the at the very least an extremely similar error on my American Express online payee where the bill due date is incorrect.