delete 100s of downloaded transactions.

After reestablishing connections with Charles Schwab on the required change, I have 100s of duplicate transactions in 9 accounts. I started the multiple delete process. It worked on one account.
1. The next accounts would not allow multiple select ?
2. the delete button does not appear at the bottom of the D/L box anymore?
3. What does Near Match mean?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The deleting of multiple transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab was only implemented in non investment accounts.  For investment accounts you will have to accept the transactions into the register and delete them there, or delete them one at a time in the Downloaded Transactions tab.
    Note there is now an "Edit Multiple transactions" menu item in the gear icon menu at the top right of the register that you can use to delete multiple transactions.

Near Match means that "it is mostly correct", for instance the date in the register might be yesterday and the downloaded date is today.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Editing and deleting 100s of duplicate transactions manually could be mind numbing. I recommend, Before accepting all those transactions into the investment accounts, select 'Reconciled Shares'. Then 'Edit Multiple Transactions'. It is easier to spot the duplicates in those lists especially the 'c' and 'R' ones. Be careful not to just delete all cleared 'c' transactions since they may not be duplicates. The lists can also be sorted in various ways. That can eliminate the majority of the duplicates. The remaining transactions must be dealt with individually. Make several backups as you go through this. Other helpful tools are in the Gear box in the upper right corner of investment registers.
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Accepting a NEAR MATCH does not create a duplicate transaction.
  • ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Finally, I downloaded transactions on 2 of 3 of my accounts. But alas, downloaded all transactions for more than 18 months. I needed only last 2 weeks' transactions.
    Provide a date after which transactions can be accepted. This Charles Schwab process created a mess. I have more than 1000 duplicate transaction in 3 Schwab accounts. There is no way to accept these. Also, the symbol of the Option securities are different from what Schwab provided.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    ESKrish said:
    Finally, I downloaded transactions on 2 of 3 of my accounts. But alas, downloaded all transactions for more than 18 months. I needed only last 2 weeks' transactions.
    Provide a date after which transactions can be accepted. This Charles Schwab process created a mess. I have more than 1000 duplicate transaction in 3 Schwab accounts. There is no way to accept these. Also, the symbol of the Option securities are different from what Schwab provided.
    Please note that you aren't talking to the Quicken developers, so you request isn't going to them.  But even if it was there is little chance that they are going to be able to change the way Quicken works in very short period of time to help you with this problem.

You are most likely going to have to accept those transaction into the register and delete them using the method I described in my first comment above.
    Signature:
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    ESKrish I know what you mean. I had 7 Schwab accounts to fix after my reconnection to Schwab. Check my comment of Nov 20. Maybe it will help.
  • ESKrish
    ESKrish Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    will check whether accepting into a new account will help. Then copy/paste only needed transactions into the existing account. Before accepting transactions, it is asking me to create the securities. That is also a painful. I have transactions from 1997 and so many securities
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE:

This thread seems to imply that one of the patches did limit the downloading of transactions to 30 days.  But it also says that implied workaround isn't there/working:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902601/schwab-duplicate-transactions-not-limited-to-last-30-days

On the other hand, another user came up with what might be a clever workaround for some people:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20218768
    Signature:
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Edit ' Manual Match' function does not work intermittently. For some reason, sometimes it does not display the matching transaction in the list, even when you can obviously see it match the amount and the date in the register.
  • I'm dealing with a years worth of transactions on multiple accounts. There needs to be a way to do bulk deletes on investment account transaction downloads just as you can on non-investment registers.

ARE YOU LISTENING QUICKEN?
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    There is a tool in the gear logo (upper right corner)on any investment account.
    Edit Multiple Transactions. Helps if you have reconciled ahead of time. Beware, it's easy to delete too much
This discussion has been closed.