Adjust Cost Basis

Options
With the recent Schwab Reauthorization I had numerous transaction that were downloaded for a second time. The end result was with some securities the share balance is wrong. I can use the add and remove shares edit screen but I also need to adjust the cost basis. Is there an easy way to do this?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    In the Add transaction, you can specify the acquisition date and cost basis. Remove will eliminate the selected lots with their current cost basis.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybeq I am missing something about Schwab issues.  That is, why not just delete the duplicate transactions?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• jimconsid
    jimconsid Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Schwab reauthorization has been nothing but a mess and a cost of my time. Numerous duplicate entries were downloaded as I worked through the reauthorization. Many of these additional entries involved entries that I previously changed to better fit how I keep track of my accounts. With all of my corrected accounts I had to make balance adjustments to compensate for the additional entries that downloaded that I could not correct or fine. I have two accounts that have not been able to go through the reauthorization update. Another account I have not been able to reconcile. This is after spending several hours with Quicken support. I will have to continue to work with Quicken support to get this resolved.
This discussion has been closed.