DANGER! R37.37 changed all my investment accounts to "Simple" tracking

mikeweberatl
mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
After installing the r37.37 update this morning, I could no longer find my investment transaction ledgers. All I get is a new Dashboard. Looking into it for a while, I figured out all my accounts were changed from regular transactions to the "Simple-Positions Only. I went back and changed everything, but I really hope nothing is screwed up.

Quicken - you need to pull this update from circulation!!

Comments

• Milehigh5280
    Milehigh5280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    You just solved my problem. I did the same thing. [Removed - Rant]
  • TTRams
    TTRams Member ✭✭
    I second this motion! I just spent an hour cleaning up this mess. What a cluster.
  • Milehigh5280
    Milehigh5280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    So now I am finding missing investment transactions from last month. [Removed - Rant]
  • TTRams
    TTRams Member ✭✭
    Interestingly it switched all of my Merrill Lynch accounts to this "Simple -positions only" method but did not switch Vanguard or Charles Schwab. For others wanting to correct this, I had to go to Edit Account Details for each account. You will see a box that says "Tracking Method" for you to select Simple or Complete. When you select "Complete" you will see your ledgers again.
  • Steven D
    Steven D Member
    That was a not very obvious fix that I would never have found. Thank you TTRams
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, I saw that an update was available this morning but for whatever reason I decided I would install it after I did my morning update and backup. After checking later, Quicken shows my v. 37.25 is the latest version and the update is no longer available. I'll give the Quicken folk some credit for listening to customers and pulling the update.
  • mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭
    i've made the decision to stop downloading updates until this schwab situation stabilizes. each patch seems to create another issue or worse not fix the problem we're all having with reauthorizing accounts. it's easy to choose not to install an update when quicken prompts, but on occasion when I first start quicken it will auto-download a new build without asking. does anybody know how to disable that?
  • MJerome
    MJerome Member
    Yep agree with the above comment... I'm just incensed by all of this. 5 days ago I started my annual process of doing all my tax planning and updating all these accounts so I can do Stock sales and CPA tax work prep during this final month. Something many of us do. But all Ive done in 5 days is spend time with tier 2 support here and with schwab... There is plenty of blame to spread around here.. I just unloaded on Schwab cause who in their right mind would implement major changes at year end!! The very time their systems are used the MOST.. I mean how clueless can one be!!

Then for quicken, who knew these changes were coming and completely got caught with their pants down and then implemented changes that actually destroyed peoples databases!!! This has been insane..

now I have no functional database, no way to do my work, and no clue as to whether even after fixing all this I can get a recovered DB thats ever going have any integrity to it... What a mess.. Been using this product since DOS days... Thats like 1987 I think.. Never have I seen anything this screwed up...
  • Hello and thank you all for reporting this issue here in the Community, though I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused any of you. 

@MJerome,
    Please call Quicken Support for help getting your data restored. Despite the recent issues and changes, you should not be in a situation where you have lost everything. They will be able to walk through the entire process with you more effectively than we can from this forum. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Alyssa,

Please fix this. I'm in the same sinking ship as the others, unable to connect to Schwab.

Thank you!

Quicken Classic Business & Personal for Windows. User since 1991.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For the problem of it switching to Simple, see my comment in this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20219740#Comment_20219740
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • d_locke
    d_locke Member ✭✭
    I did the change recommended by Mike Weberati at the start of the thread. It downloaded about a hundred transactions dated today that deleted and readded almost all of my investments. I can't delete those transactions. I had downloaded 37.37. Won't do that again.
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    > @MJerome said:
    > Yep agree with the above comment... I'm just incensed by all of this. 5 days ago I started my annual process of doing all my tax planning and updating all these accounts so I can do Stock sales and CPA tax work prep during this final month. Something many of us do.

Quicken should consider a freeze on updates in times when many people are clearly going to be doing financial planning tasks... December, maybe early January, and before tax due dates in April and October.
  • GeoH
    GeoH Member
    The same problem arose during rebalancing, after updating to R36.45 Build 27.1.36.45. . Thank you, TTRam for a quick solution! The Quicken help line was unable to solve this problem.
This discussion has been closed.