2 userid's only 1 can download

What a trip this Schwab thing has been.  I got the 37.37 update. No schwab transactions came down. So, I de-activated all of them. And activated 1 userid at a time. The first userid Schwab accounts does download. The second userid does not... Any ideas? This whole Schwab thing is Whack a mole. Thanks

Comments

• Same problem. Both my wife and I have Schwab logins. I set mine up first (after a clean install) and it finally worked. But in trying to set hers up, I consistently get CC-501s. How can I resolve?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Schwab has chosen to only support one user sign-in to one Quicken file at a time.  If you are able to identify an alternate Schwab financial institution name with overlapping access to the accounts, you may be able to work around their constraint.  Otherwise, I suggest you maintain some of the accounts offline.

If you want to be able to reliably download transactions from investment accounts you have at Schwab, I suggest you consider moving the accounts to a financial institution that supports the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method. 

[Edit-  It appears Schwab is now allowing multiple user sign-ins to one Quicken file]
  • Wow, thats terrible. Is there any easy way to move the ~20 year history for these accounts to another file, and then periodically run updates out of that file?

Or is there any way to manually download transactions from Schwab into Quicken?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thats terrible. Is there any easy way to move the ~20 year history for these accounts to another file, and then periodically run updates out of that file?

Or is there any way to manually download transactions from Schwab into Quicken?
    You can do either. 

The easiest way to move the history to another file may be to select File > Copy or Backup File... and choose Create a copy or template

The easiest way to manually import transactions may be to download them into a different Quicken file used for the purpose, accept all the downloaded transaction, export the transactions to a QIF file, and the import the QIF file.

Another approach you may want to consider is toggling the authorization for the Quicken file between the sign-ins.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Today I am happy and astounded to report... Both accounts updated.  You might ask what did I do? Nothing since yesterday. It is a miracle.
  • Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    My accounts are also updating using two different logins for myself and my wife. It appears to be fixed. When I made the changes to my accounts yesterday I did go into each account separately, deactivated all accounts and then set them up again. I did have to set up my wife's login on her account separate from my account, but it worked and both logins now download. Schwab bank account is also downloading and has the balance. Hope this helps
  • Hub, just to be clear, you deactivated all your working accounts, then reactivated them, and then set up your wife's?

I am still getting the CC-501 on her accounts, but am obviously worried about deactivating mine given how tenuous it seems to actually get downloads!
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    @gsanders300 Deactivate all schwab accounts. Make sure you are on the latest mondo patch. then re-activate all accounts in 1 userid. then the other userid. That worked for me as well. BTW... it took a while for Quicken to be able to download some of the transactions. Almost like Intuit needed the pump primed. Let us know how you do.
  • Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Yes, deactivated all accounts, even old accounts that may be closed but still in Quicken. Then reactivated my accounts with my login and then reactivated my wife's account with her login. No error codes. I agree with Mitch that it took a while this morning for the transactions to download. At first I thought they were not downloading, but then they came through. Part may be that I had not checked the box for the Schwab accounts in the one step update section.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Excellent!
This discussion has been closed.