How do I download missing transaction?

Hello. I didn't update my quicken account for 4-1/2 months and I think my bank only allows me to go back 3 months on the auto update.

How do I download those missing transaction?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Whether you can get the transactions before the 3 month window depends on what the bank provides on its website. Go to the bank's website and see if you can download a QFX (sometimes labeled as a Quicken file) with the older transactions. If so, you can import this into Quicken (see below). If not, you are probably out of luck. If you can download a PDF or spreadsheet, there are unsanctioned programs out there that will convert that to QFX, but I'm not going to get into that here. You can search for it.

How to import the QFX: Once you have the QFX downloaded, you can double click it and Quicken should open and offer to import it. If that doesn't happen for some reason, you can use the File > Import menu in Quicken. Quicken may force you to create a new account with these transactions, and that's okay (maybe even better). If that happens, delete the transactions from the dates you already have in this new account. Then select all the (older) transactions and drag and drop them to your existing account. Then delete the now empty new account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Depending on how many transactions you have in a month, you might find it faster to simply enter the missing transactions manually in Quicken. Download the missing months of statements from the bank, open the PDF, and enter the transactions. I found I can manually enter transactions almost as quickly as downloading, fixing Payee names, selecting proper categories, and entering any needed splits. Again, the viability of doing this depends whether you have 20 missing transactions or 200. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.