Investment Income Not Showing in Stock Transaction History

Dividends entered into my investment account today show up as transactions in the account register but not as a transaction in the Stock Transaction History window. Consequently, the "Income" field in my Investing Tab --> Portfolio View is not reflecting today's income and not computing ROI correctly. Yesterday's income shows up correctly. Anyone else seeing this? (Version R37.37, Build 27.1.37.37)

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the "Stock Transaction History" window you are referring to? If it is the list of transactions in the Security Detail view, that list only shows transactions that affect your share balance, so Dividends will not appear there. Reinvested dividends will appear, because you are buying more shares.

The Income column of the Portfolio view shows the income earned between the starting date that you can set in Preferences and the As of date. It is only computed for securities that you still hold on the As of date. For me, the income is included in that column on the day the income is entered.

You may not see the ROI change on the dividend date because on the dividend date the share price normally goes down by the dividend amount, so the ROI is not affected. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • Karen D
    Karen D Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jim! My "As of" date was set to yesterday for some reason -- much obliged for the help!
This discussion has been closed.