Keychain Issues Again

Trying to update my online accounts and am prompted every time for my Quicken ID and password. It also asks me for passwords on selected accounts. I’ve deleted the affected logins from my keychain and reset connections on the affected accounts but the issue persists.

This isn’t the first time this has happened and I don’t know why the connection between Quicken and the keychain keeps breaking. I shouldn’t have to reset my accounts every few months.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This is a long shot, but do you store your Quicken file on a cloud service (eg Dropbox) or in a folder synced with iCloud Drive? If so, it could be permissions problems cropping up via that unsupported file storage location.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • cwiener
    cwiener Member ✭✭✭
    No, everything is stored locally - no cloud, no network.
  • RickO
    Oh well. It was a long shot. I'm out of ideas.
  • cwiener
    cwiener Member ✭✭✭
    This happened earlier in the year and there was no explanation for why it suddenly wanted my Quicken login credentials and why only certain accounts asked for my password. It’s the same accounts as last time asking for my password.
  • RickO
    It's possible that it's that certain banks require periodic reauthorization. I know that with one of my credit cards, it occasionally makes me to the 2 factor questions, although not very often.
  • cwiener
    cwiener Member ✭✭✭
    I don’t think this is the issue. If it were just FI’s requiring re-authorization, I wouldn’t be asked to log in to my Quicken account every time I want to download and it wouldn’t be the same random bunch of FI’s. Also, if that were the case reconnecting the affected accounts would fix the issue. I tried this procedure: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101 which worked last time but I’m still running into the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.