downloaded transactions are a day off

My transactions downloaded from my Bank of America credit card are posted a day ahead of the online BoA account. For example, today (12/2) I had 4 transactions that downloaded as today's date (12/2), which is not what is showing on my Bank of America online account. Those transactions are dated 12/1. This is a new situation and has been happening since 11/8. It affected my ability to reconcile my account properly. I understand how to get around the issue, but I want to FIX it, not just delete and manually re enter transactions that aren't correct. I've had 3 conversations with Quicken and one with BoA, and no one has any answers.
Thanks

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they legitimate transactions?  On what day(s) did they actually occur?
    If you go to BofA's website, do they appear there?  If so, with what status?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RHCaston
    RHCaston Member ✭✭
    Yes they are legitimate transactions. This is not a fraud problem. The transactions appear on BofA's website as posted transactions. The transaction date is 11/30, the posted date is 12/1, yet when they are downloaded into quicken, they are dated 12/2 for some reason. On my statement from November, all transactions after 11/8 were dated one day ahead in the quicken register.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    RHCaston said:
    Yes they are legitimate transactions. This is not a fraud problem. The transactions appear on BofA's website as posted transactions. The transaction date is 11/30, the posted date is 12/1, yet when they are downloaded into quicken, they are dated 12/2 for some reason. On my statement from November, all transactions after 11/8 were dated one day ahead in the quicken register.
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

If you're using the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you contact Quicken Support so that they may escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect team.

If you're using the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method, I suggest you contact the financial institution.
  • RHCaston
    RHCaston Member ✭✭
    It is Bank of America-All Other States. I am using Express Web Connect.
    I will try to call (again) tomorrow and ask that it be escalated to the Express Web Connect team. I tried to have it escalated today but didn't know what group to ask for! Thank you.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    RHCaston said:
    It is Bank of America-All Other States. I am using Express Web Connect.
    I will try to call (again) tomorrow and ask that it be escalated to the Express Web Connect team. I tried to have it escalated today but didn't know what group to ask for! Thank you.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • RHCaston
    RHCaston Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Thanks. I am on hold with BofA now to try to get Direct Connect.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of how EWC works, there's an inherent 1 day delay in transaction processing.   What you're seeing is normal, and probably caused by changes on BofA's side.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.