Net Worth Graph Error

I am suddenly having the same issues in this closed thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7897469/net-worth-graph-way-off. I am running Quicken for Windows R36.45 Build 27.1.36.45 and suddenly the values in the Net Worth graph on the Home tab are significantly different from the ones in the Accounts window on the left (which are correct). I tried all of the workarounds in the above thread. I have also reinstalled the Quicken software to no avail. I do NOT want to recreate my data file, is it has 10+ years of info.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @josephkluger,
    We are still talking about the panel on the Home page titled "Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities," right?

Towards the end of the discussion you referenced, @KB8 describes enabling the hidden Categories that begin with underscores. Did you click on the gear at the top right of the panel, select Categories, select Include only transactions with selected categories, check the Show hidden box, and hit Select All?

Please try that and see if that fixes it.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • josephkluger
    josephkluger Member ✭✭
    I did check the Show Hidden Categories box, which did not make a difference. When I expand the "Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities" to show the full Net Worth Report, it has huge negative balances in about 1/2 of my investment accounts. When I generate the same report from the Reports drop down menu, it shows the current balances.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you did not follow all the steps I described above. It's more than just checking the Show Hidden Categories box. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • josephkluger
    josephkluger Member ✭✭
    I did not realize I needed to Select All AFTER checking Hidden Categories. That solved the problem (for now). Many thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.