Fremont Bank connection has been broke for almost a year!!

Since Feb 2021 or even earlier. It started with Fremont Bank Download connection failed with error code 301. I have contacted Quicken Support told me the problem is with the FI server. I must contact Fremont Bank (in this case) to escalate. Fremont Bank Customer Service rep has no idea of Quicken connection. Tried to escalate and requested to talk to their IT Support. The rep has no idea of their IT Support. Escalated to management, they point the finger back at Quicken since Quicken was/is having trouble connecting to FB. The error code 301 is Quicken's referring code that they have no clue. Anyway, I deactivated the Online Service and tried to add Fremont Bank or Setup Online Service. It is now giving "Unknown Error" and said "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)".

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    By any chance are you using a VPN?
    If so, try turning it off.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RChan
    RChan Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I do have Norton VPN. I tried it both ways with it on and off. Same result. I have Online Service deactivated and have not been able to re-setup or by Add Account. The error dialog says; "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Fremont Bank-Personal Banking." There is no error code, but only says "Unknown Error". By the way, the initial failure has an error code 301 early this year. After I deactivated the Online Service, I have not been able to re-setup Online Service since.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RChan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since the original error you received is error OL-301, to start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt to reactivate the account again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.