Can I sync from the web back to my PC?

Yikes! I was moving files from my PC to a 'backup' hard drive and I think I lost my Quicken file. I had also been trying out the Dropbox feature, but accidentally deleted the files in Dropbox, which apparently also deleted them in my PC. The web app seems to be 'ok' (but some accounts are missing), and it does show that it's 'looking' at the correct file, but I don't know if it's actually sync'ing, or if it's static. 1. Is there a way to find out where the file is that it thinks it's looking at? 2. If that file IS lost, is there any way I can grab the file from the web app to get it back to my PC?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked your Recycle Bin?  If you actually did delete your data file from your C drive, the default is for Windows to move that deleted file to there.  If you have not emptied your Recycle Bin then it is likely that your Quicken data file is located there so you might want to check your Recycle Bin.  If it is there you can restore the file to the location on the HDD that it was deleted from.
    If the file is not in the Recycle Bin: Have you tried using the "Find Quicken Files" feature in Quicken (under the File menu)?  It will find all Quicken files on your HDD.  And you can select which HDD you want the search to be completed in so if your backup HDD is connected to your computer it can be searched as well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• lliefveld
    lliefveld Member ✭✭
    Well, is there a way to find out where the file is located that the Cloud is syncing from? As I say, the web app looks fine. So it's getting it's data from somewhere.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.