Reports Totals don't match

Using the PORTFOLIO VALUE report, the "Total Investments" bottom line does not match the market value. I verified every account and they are there and match to the penny. The "Total Investments" line is higher. I took into account the "Banking" values and adding them get me closer. Under "Customize" I verified that I am using ALL ACCOUNTS and ALL SECURITIES.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money in linked checking accounts is included in the Cash value in the Portfolio value report, you should not have to add it in.

Money in other banking accounts is not included in the Portfolio Value report and should not be, and you do not have to make adjustments for it.

Do you have any short sales or securities that show a negative share balance or a negative market value? These are not included in the Portfolio value report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you have your Portfolio View set to Show Value and Grouped by Accounts, and that by "Total Investments" you're referring to the "Total" shown under the "Market Value' column.  If that's the case and you've confirmed that the Market Value amount shown for each Account agrees to what you're seeing in the Account Bar, are you actually saying that Quicken can't add?
  • Jim_Harman
    @Tom Young I think this discussion is about issues with the Investing > Portfolio Value report. The line at the bottom of that report is "TOTAL Investments"
  • I have set it to Show Value and Grouped by Accounts. Assuming cash is not the issue it does appears that Quicken can't add. Since we know that is not the case and I have never shorted a security, where could the negative $26K be hiding?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom Young I think this discussion is about issues with the Investing > Portfolio Value report. The line at the bottom of that report is "TOTAL Investments"
    You are correct.  I was thinking Portfolio View.
  • Jim_Harman
    Look at the total for each account to see where the discrepancy is, then see which securit(ies).

Set the end date of the report and the As of date in the portfolio view back in time to see where the discrepancy first appears, then look for the transaction that is causing it. There may be something odd to correct about that transaction, or sometimes just deleting and re-entering does the trick.

Be sure to back up your data before changing historical transactions, in case something gets worse.
  • Jim - great suggestion, It happened between 11/1 and 11/2. What would my next step be?
  • Jim_Harman
    Group the report by Account and compare each account to see where the problem is. Look for transactions on those dates for something unusual. You might have to delete and re-enter the transaction.

Be sure to back up your data before changing anything.
This discussion has been closed.