One step update and Charles Schwab investments

jwalk3377
jwalk3377 Member ✭✭
For at least a week my transactions from Charles Schwab are not downloading. I've had to manually enter the transactions into Quicken which is time consuming. I have updated to the latest release number (R37.37 Build 27.1.37.37) but my transactions still are not getting downloaded. What seems to be the problem???

Comments

• Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [removed - unhelpful]
  • Hello @jwalk3377,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report the issues you are having with getting downloaded transactions from Schwab, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to resolve this yet? If not, can I have you try to reset the account(s)?

To do this;
    1. Go to the Tools menu and select Account List from the menu options.
    2. Click Edit next to an affected Schwab account.
    3. Click on the Online Services tab at the top of the Account Details box. 
    4. Click Reset Account and follow any prompts that may follow. 
    5. When the reset has successfully been completed, you will see a little green checkmark next to the reset button.

Do let us know if you are able to get new downloaded transactions after completing these steps. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• jwalk3377
    jwalk3377 Member ✭✭
    I've tried just about everything. The last thing I tried was to deactivate my Schwab accounts, reset my cloud data, and then I tried to "Add Accounts" back into Quicken. This gave me an error 'CC501'.
    Now my accounts are deactivated and I can't seem to be able to set them up for online services. I give up. Now I download the quotes for my investments and manually enter the 'transactions' from Schwab. Time consuming but at least this works.
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @jwalk3377 If you update to the latest version and follow the instructions in this thread I expect you can fix the problems like many of us have: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902914/schwab-cc-501-loop/p1
    The key steps are:
    1. Log out of and into the Quicken program itself as described in the thread. THIS IS KEY!
    2. If necessary, re-adding the accounts works better that deactivating/reactivating the accounts. Note that "adding" an account is really a misnomer - you are really just re-associating the online account on the Schwab and Quicken servers with the existing account in your Quicken data file. You can often accomplish this without any (or at least without many) duplicate transaction downloads. Complete instructions are in the thread linked above.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.