*** Financial update not setting up

Options
I have a new account (403B less than 1 month) with *** Financial== is in your list to be able to set up accounts, I try to set up (multiple times), it texts my phone with 6 figures, I type it in, it then texts my phone again, then errors cc-501. I can download to Quicken from *** Financial with no problem. (had a couple of issues with placeholder entries, and number of shares not matching, but I fixed). This has not been set up on numerous attempts. Any suggestions? cc-501 says it is Quickens problem and not to call financial institution.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is "*** Financial" the name of your 403b Trustee?  If not, what is the EXACT name of the Financial Institution?
    You're sort of handicapping us by not naming it ... so we can research if there are other problems with that FI and what sort of downloads (if any) it provides.
    Also, have you seen and reviewed this info about CC-501 https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    Options
    LPL Financial is the name of the 403B account. Yes, I have reviewed the info. I have tried multiple times to set it up. Thank you.
  • Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    Options
    If I do a search of "LPL" I am not the only person with this problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as I can determine, LPL does not appear to support the "Direct Connect" transaction download method required for investment accounts. You may have to set up your account using "Web Connect" instead, to download a transaction file for import into Quicken.
    When adding your account to Quicken, try the Advanced Options choice and select "Web Connect" to complete account setup.
    If that still gives you problems, please call  Quicken Support on the phone after the holiday weekend and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.