Credit card transactions won't download and Quicken wants to rename everything

Options
This issue started a couple weeks ago and is only happening on 1 of my 5 accounts linked to Quicken; all from the same bank and using the same login credentials. This just happens to be my credit card account where the other 4 are checking & savings.

I now receive a popup for every transaction wanting to create a renaming rule, but the rule makes no sense and I'm not allowed to change it. For example; It wants to rename Hobby Lobby to Lowes, and Lowes is greyed out where I can't change it. Regardless if I accept the rule or not, the transaction is not downloaded to the register. Same issue if I have a record pre-entered; it will not recognize the match and mark it as cleared.

I attached a screenshot of my preferences. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Having to manually enter and reconcile every transaction defeats the purpose of using Quicken (for my needs).

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @gam1741,

Thank you for coming to the Community to report the issues you are having, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. I do have some follow-up questions for you if that's ok. 

Where is your data file located? Please provide the entire file pathway. You can most easily find this by going to File>Show this file on my computer.

It looks like you added the credit card account into a test file. Did you see the same behavior there?

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this, thanks.

Quicken Alyssa

• gam1741
    gam1741 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Alyssa,

The file path is: Users\name\Documents\Quicken. The file has been located in this directory for years. I was not able to get the test file created yet but plan to work on it again tomorrow (PW issues).
    A new symptom today: I received the "Create Custom Renaming Rule" popup for a transaction I created a new rule for 3 days ago. It doesn't seem to matter if I have rules created or not; I get the popup on every transaction now, but still only on the 1 account.
This discussion has been closed.