Support Empower Retirement 401K downloads

Anyone know if Quicken has any plans to support downloading transactions from Empower Retirement 401k? I think they acquired the Mass Mutual 401K business. According to Empower Retirement this is something Quicken must develop not them.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a question you need to ask of the Empower Retirement folks as it is their decision whether to support Quicken or not. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    All investment accounts have to be downloaded using the OFX protocol, what is called Direct Connect in Quicken.  For this to happen the financial institution has to have a OFX server.  So right there the financial institutions answer is wrong.

Quicken Inc doesn't actually directly work with the financial institution to set this up either.  Quicken Inc pays Intuit to work with the financial institution to help them setup an OFX server and to get the information to contact it put into the file that is used by Quicken to know how to contact it.

The normal process would be your financial institution getting in contact with Intuit/Quicken Inc to start the process of getting this setup.  You can't directly contact Intuit on such matters, but you can contact Quicken Inc support.  But be aware of the fact that they will probably tell you that you need to push the financial institution to start the process.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Roland@
    Roland@ Member ✭✭✭
    Empower has OFX downloads.  Seems that Quicken should be able to implement Express Web Connect for them.  Is there a reason they haven't?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Roland@ said:
    Empower has OFX downloads.  Seems that Quicken should be able to implement Express Web Connect for them.  Is there a reason they haven't?
    Is there a reason Empower has decided not to provide support for their customers who use Quicken?
  • cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭
    @Roland@ - I use Empower's RetireSmart web site to access my 401K account and I am not able to find any information on downloading transaction data into OFX files or Quicken. anywhere on their web site. Can you please share more details as to how I might be able to download QFX files.
  • Roland@
    Roland@ Member ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what "RetireSmart" is, but I have two separate 401ks (different companies) that use Empower, and it's accessed the same for both.  There's a "Quicken QFX" link on the right side of the 'Home->Account->Transaction History' page.  See the attached screenshots.

• cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭
    @Roland@ - thank you. My portal is still Mass Mutual branded so it looks like you are using a different Empower portal. I guess I am out of luck until the day they fully integrate us Mass Mutual customers into Empower.
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Roland@ said:
    I'm not sure what "RetireSmart" is, but I have two separate 401ks (different companies) that use Empower, and it's accessed the same for both.  There's a "Quicken QFX" link on the right side of the 'Home->Account->Transaction History' page.  See the attached screenshots.

Thanks for that picture I have all that other stuff but no "Transaction History" so it looks like I am out of luck with DMBA using Empower Retirement. 
This discussion has been closed.