Quicken downloads transactions and gives them the wrong name (Q Mac)

Options
PamH
PamH Member
Quicken has been downloading transactions and giving them the wrong business name and expense category. Today, it was Southern Oregon Veterinary for two transactions, one for Coastal Farm & Ranch, and one for Grocery Outlet. Not even the right category, or even close to the same business. This has been happening off and on for awhile now.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @PamH

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your downloaded payee names. Is this happening with all of your accounts or just some of the accounts? Could you let us know what banks you're having issues with? Do you see any trends with the payees or is it at random? How long ago was the first time you saw this happen?

Once you get the chance please let us know more about the issue and we'll see what steps we can take to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• JayWY
    JayWY Member
    Options
    Using Citi Costco credit card, I made a purchase at Fairmont Hotel. Quicken downloaded that transaction and many more as "DHL." How can I direct Quicken for Mac to simply report the correct merchant?
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, @JayWY

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue and I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

It sounds like there may be a Renaming Rule in place set to automatically rename payees that may be incorrectly targeting downloaded payees.

To undo this, you may select all affected transactions and revert them to their downloaded payees names.

1. First, select all of the affected transactions. (You may do this process manually for each transaction one at a time, or to make this easier, you can search for the payee name in the search bar labeled Search All Visible Columns and select them en masse. In this case "DHL".)
    2. Next, Command Click (or Right Click if your mouse allows) on the selected transactions and select Revert to Downloaded Payee Name. This will reset the payee names to how they were originally downloaded from the Financial Institution.
    3. Lastly, please select Window in the menu bar at the top of your screen and navigate to Payees & Rules > Renaming Rules. This is where any rules that are changing your payee names will reside.
    4. Search for the name being incorrectly added - in this case "DHL" - and look through/delete any incorrect rules. (You can do this by selecting the rule and Command/Right Clicking on the rule and selecting Delete Renaming Rule, or by highlighting the rule and pressing the Minus (-) sign at the bottom of the window)
    This should ensure that your transactions are not being incorrectly named/renamed by Quicken.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or require further assistance, please reach back out so that we can continue to help you out with this issue. Thank you!
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

-Quicken September
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @JayWY said:
    > Using Citi Costco credit card, I made a purchase at Fairmont Hotel. Quicken downloaded that transaction and many more as "DHL." How can I direct Quicken for Mac to simply report the correct merchant?

Hello JayWY,

In order to do this, you would have to change the naming rules for the Payee in Quicken. If you click on the transaction in Quicken and then go up to the 'Window' option in the upper menu at the top of the computer screen, you can go into 'Payees & Rules' and then change the current name of a misidentified Payee under 'Naming Rules' to whatever you'd like. Then Quicken should identify those kinds of transactions in the future.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.