Can Simplifi connect with Quicken?

sky777
sky777 Member
edited May 2022 in Before you Buy
can I download Simplifi information into Quicken? I'm wanting to buy Quick books instead.
thanks

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you want to move to QuickBooks, why do you want to transfer data from Simplifi to Quicken? As an intermediate step to QuickBook? 

I have limited experience with Simplifi, but I believe it can only export a CSV file of your transactions. You didn't indicate if you are a Mac or Windows user. I'm a Quicken Mac user, and Quicken Mac can't import CSV files. There are some third-party programs which transform CSV files into QFX files which Quicken Mac can import. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • sky777
    sky777 Member
    Thanks for your information. I am a Windows user. I have categorized expenses in Simplifi that I just want to export to Quicken.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    sky777 said: can I download Simplifi information into Quicken? I'm wanting to buy Quick books instead.
    You kind of mention THREE different software products - all three are not connected or easily migrated -
    - Simplifi
    - Quicken
    - Quickbooks

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use ImportQIF to import CSV files into Quicken.

QuicknPerlWiz - Use ImportQIF to import transactions into Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • sky777
    sky777 Member
    ok. It sounds like I can't do it. Thank you for your replies!
  • I am trying out both...Quicken because it can handle (so they say; haven't figured it out yet) our one rental biz, but I don't like the fact that it isn't entirely web-based, making it difficult for my wife and I to both have access (and she's a mac and i'm a pc guy). I like that Simplifi is web-based, but haven't figured out whether it can adequately handle my small landlord/rental biz.
  • I wish the two would sync.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    They don't.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.