Password Vault Erased

Options
:# I have been a quicken user for over 20 years. The recent updates and patches have created lots of issues for me. The recent one deleted my vault passwords for banking and credit card downloads. I have validated the file, reloaded Quicken, converted a backup file into the new file, and restarted my computer. I have added my passwords three times and all of these attempts have failed. Customer support was no help as usual these days.

What do I do other than move to another application. I am beyond frustrated....

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't you "get help thru support chat or thru a person"?

What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive and the full path to the backup folder? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?

Have you deleted the vault and created a new one?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another question: What is the download connection type for the accounts in question? Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect?
    After recent changes, the password for Express Web Connect - connected banks is no longer stored in the Password Vault. It's stored in the Quicken Server which performs transaction download services for you. These bank passwords are also identified by a golden key icon in the One Step Update Settings view or "Not required" and a golden key in the Edit Password Vault dialog.
This discussion has been closed.