Quicken has destroyed my Schwab accounts

LivingForEternity
LivingForEternity Member ✭✭✭
After the last update my ability to manage my Schwab accounts is TOTALLY messed up!!!!!

Comments

• donna p
    donna p Member ✭✭
    I agree! this is totally disastrous - and right before tax loss harvesting time. I am totally blind! Thanks Quicken. also they seem to have removed my transaction records in my Schwab screen. WTH????
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LivingForEternity

I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to experience issues after installing the last update and thank you for taking the time to report this to the community.

Which update was installed?  R36.48 or R37.37?  If you aren't sure, this information may be found under the Help > About Quicken.

Have you been able to connect the Schwab accounts?  If so, are you receiving an error message or code when attempting to update them?

Are you experiencing a different behavior?  Please let us now, thank you.

donna p said:
     also they seem to have removed my transaction records in my Schwab screen. 
    Hello @donna p

It sounds as thought the "Simple" investing option may have been turned on for your Schwab account(s), which makes the transaction register inaccessible.

If you haven't already, please go to the Edit menu > Preferences option and select Investment Transactions.  On the right side of the window, uncheck the box for "Enable Simple Investing" and click Ok to apply the change.

Please let us know if you are still unable to access the transaction register or if there are any other issues, errors, problems or concerns that the community may assist with.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • LivingForEternity
    Update was to R36.48
    Instructions for Schwab customers was not clear at all. I Followed as best as I could but ended up with One Step Update no longer downloading transactions (Though no error was reported) and Quicken created a NEW account that I don't have with Schwab. The whole thing is a mess. I called Schwab and they said to call Quicken!
  • LivingForEternity
    After hours on the phone with multiple support people over several days, I finally got one person who resolved the issue. I have to say he took me through a set of steps that I would never have figured out on my own nor could I repeat. Unfortunately the process left me with transactions in one account that weren't there before, so now I have to spend more hours carefully going through bank statements to figure out what happened. I also found that while Quicken says that Schwab changed the way they do things, Schwab says this is all because Quicken did. I assume it was a bit of both, but that's a moot point now. It is what it is.