Where did my Download Transactions go for Fidelity?

Options
Ahuka
Ahuka Member
I used to have a button to Download Transactions on my Fidelity accounts, but not any more. I still have it for my other accounts. And now my Fidelity screen has 4 windows instead of the transaction list it used to have. I don't care about the screens, but I want to download my transactions. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Ahuka

It sounds as thought the "Simple" investing option may have been turned on for your Fidelity account(s), which makes the transaction register inaccessible.

If you haven't already, please go to the Edit menu > Preferences option and select Investment Transactions.  On the right side of the window, uncheck the box for "Enable Simple Investing" and click Ok to apply the change.

Once the Simple Investing option has been turned off, does the transaction register and button to download new transactions now appear?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Ahuka

It sounds as thought the "Simple" investing option may have been turned on for your Fidelity account(s), which makes the transaction register inaccessible.

If you haven't already, please go to the Edit menu > Preferences option and select Investment Transactions.  On the right side of the window, uncheck the box for "Enable Simple Investing" and click Ok to apply the change.

Once the Simple Investing option has been turned off, does the transaction register and button to download new transactions now appear?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Ahuka
    Ahuka Member
    Options
    THank you, that did it. I did have to close Quicken and Reopem it, but I can now download transactions again.
  • jon857
    jon857 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats nice info for the Windows users but for the MAC continent you access this entirely different. Open the Transactions window and click on Settings. The Investment Tracking Method choices are in the Details tab of Account Settings.
This discussion has been closed.