Sams Club (Synchrony Bank) Credit Card (CC) Download not Updating in Quicken Acct--MAC

pactaz
pactaz Member ✭✭✭
I don't know if this is from the latest build 6.4.5 but after I log into my Sams Club CC account on-line and then Select "activity" then "export" it'll download a file. Quicken will not recognize any transaction after December 5th.

I've restarted the Mac OS (12.0.1) twice and no joy.
I've tried both Safari and Firefox for downloading the file and it still wont propagate into Quicken
I've went in and deleted all Quicken "tranaction" files on the Hard drive in the "Downloads" area - no joy
So, at this point I have no clue why transactions from the 5th of December are not being read by Quicken.
Buhler, Buhler

Comments

• pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    [removed - post has been moved to correct Mac category]
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @pactaz Could you clarify exactly what happens... Does the file download to your desktop or Documents folder? is it a QFX file? If you open it in TextEdit and just scroll through it, are there a bunch of transactions in the file? And then what are you doing to import it into Quicken, and what exactly happens when you do so? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > @pactaz Could you clarify exactly what happens... Does the file download to your desktop or Documents folder? is it a QFX file? If you open it in TextEdit and just scroll through it, are there a bunch of transactions in the file? And then what are you doing to import it into Quicken, and what exactly happens when you do so? 

RE Jacobs: Once you select "EXPORT" it allows you a carrot option to export data from a period "activity since last statement", and then numerous statements with ending dates every month. Then it allows you to "SELECT FORMAT" with these options - QUICKEN, QUICKBOOKS, Microsoft Money, and CSV/Excel. Once you select "Begin EXPORT" with the option you selected another widow propagates and allows you to "open" file (transaction.qfx for Quicken files) with the desired Program or just download and Save the file (for a mac it will go to the Downloads folder or a place you direct it.
    I've tried just downloading the file and trying to import it into quicken and also just opening it where it immediately opens up in Quicken. Both don't show any transactions in Quicken after Dec 5th even though there are numerous in the "completed activity" or posted area on the Sams CC Website.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    So I'll ask again: when you download the QFX file to your Mac, can you open it in TextEdit and scroll through to see if it looks like there are a bunch of transactions there or not? You don't have to be concerned about understanding the syntax of QFX; it will be pretty apparent if there are transactions there to Payees you recognize.

Assuming the file looks like it has transactions, I'd try this as the next troubleshooting step. Create a temporary new file (File > New), and create a dummy account. Now, try File > Import > OFX, QFX and select the QFX file. Doe the transactions import in this test file or not? (After this test, you can ditch the test file by going to File > Open Recent and selecting your real file (which should be second in the pop-up list, after the test file you just created.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    @jacobs
    RE: I did use Textedit to open the file. Its full of transactions. There are transactions after the 5th as well (the ones that are missing).
    I created a new file like you suggested and they ALL imported and populated normally.
    I then ditched the file like you said. I opened the old file and then tried importing the transactions and nada, nothing.
  • Andrems
    Andrems Member
    I am having the same problem as pactaz. I am downloading the transactions from the Sams/Synchrony website. I have been using this process flawlessly for several year. I choose the Quicken file option on their website and it appears in the Safari Downloads area as a qfx file. Then when I click on the file, nothing happens. In the past I would get a screen confirming link to my Sams Club card account in Quicken. I would accept it and the charges would quickly populate. Now nothing happens.

I have found that there is an option now to directly connect this account like I do my other credit cards so that they automatically update. It shows Sams Club Personal Credit through Synchrony Bank. I have attempted to do that but it does not recognize my user name password combo.

Please help!
  • Tom Darbie
    Tom Darbie Member ✭✭
    same here recently not recognizing username/password although they are valid
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    bumped
  • kampr
    kampr Member
    I use Synchrony bank for a credit card account and I am having the same issue with the QFX file. When I download the QFX file, it does not import any transactions. I looked at the file with TextEdit and it does have transactions inside the file. I did not try the Dummy File import (yet). Quicken worked fine importing the QFX file until recently (not sure of the exact date).
  • kampr
    kampr Member
    Ended up contacting Tech Support and still have this issue. The tech support person was very nice, but it
    is not resolved yet. Showed me how to import into a new file then drag over...
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Andrems said:
    I am having the same problem as pactaz. I am downloading the transactions from the Sams/Synchrony website. I have been using this process flawlessly for several year. I choose the Quicken file option on their website and it appears in the Safari Downloads area as a qfx file. Then when I click on the file, nothing happens. In the past I would get a screen confirming link to my Sams Club card account in Quicken. I would accept it and the charges would quickly populate. Now nothing happens.

I have found that there is an option now to directly connect this account like I do my other credit cards so that they automatically update. It shows Sams Club Personal Credit through Synchrony Bank. I have attempted to do that but it does not recognize my user name password combo.

Please help!
    Hello Andrems,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this frustrating issue. Have you been able to see that the QFX downloads are available in the downloads folder on your computer? Perhaps they have been sent somewhere else. You may also try using the Google Chrome browser to download transactions if you are willing to install that.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Everybody

Thank you all for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though I apologize for any inconveniences that this issue has caused you.

If you are seeing that there are transactions in the QFX file and they are still not importing into Quicken - particularly if they are importing fine into a Test File - one thing we can do to troubleshoot this issue is to Reset Account Connections. 

Before you perform this reset, I strongly advise that you Save a Backup. (You can do this by navigating to File and then Save a Backup.)

Note: It should also be known that this reset will disconnect any accounts that you have connected with the Quicken Connect connection method, requiring you to sign in to these accounts again afterward in order to continue downloading transactions. 

The steps to perform this reset are as follows:
    1. Holding the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard, press the Help button up in the menu bar.
    2. The help menu should pop up, but this time with an additional option at the bottom labelled Troubleshooting.
    3. Hover over Troubleshooting and you will see three options. Please select the option that says Reset Account Connections.
    4. This will prompt a pop-up asking if you would like to Reset your Account Connections. Please confirm this by pressing Reset Account Connections
    5. This process may take a few minutes so please be patient.
    6. After the pop-up disappears on its own indicating that it has finished with its process, we are done and you may proceed with reconnecting your accounts.
    This should clear any bugs disallowing your file from importing the transactions in these QFX files. If you have any further questions or if this does not help and you require further assistance, please reach back out as we are always happy to help.

Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
    No change here. Anyone else try the RESET above and get success? It did not work for me.
  • bmohr1
    bmohr1 Member
    I was able to reset my connection and fix it. I now have direct connection and no longer have to manually download the QXF files.
  • Quicken September
    Hello, @bmohr1

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community with your update. I am sorry for any headache this may have caused, though I am happy to hear that resetting your connections resolved your issue. 

If you have any further questions or need further assistance, please reach back out! Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • Quicken September
    Hi, @pactaz

Thank you for your update here in the Community! I am sorry to hear that this remains an issue for you and that the reset did not resolve your problem. 

Have you tried Disconnecting and Reconnecting the account? 

Now, before you perform this process, I do advise that you Save a Backup. (You can do this by navigating to File and then Save a Backup.)

• Highlight the account(s) we want to disconnect in your accounts list
    • Access your Account Settings - This can be done by going to Accounts in the menu bar and selecting Settings or by clicking the Settings Gear in the lower righthand corner of your register. 
    • Select the Downloads tab.
    • Select Disconnect Account to completely disconnect the account from the Financial Institution. 
    • Once the account(s) is/are disconnected, please navigate to the Plus (+) sign in the upper lefthand corner (or Accounts > New > [Account Type])
    • In the bank list, find your Financial Institution and select Options (next to continue).
    • Select Web Connect and follow the prompts. It will have you select the QFX file and link it to your account. 

Note: Pay special attention to the Action column when your account pulls up to make sure that that you link it to your original account (the one with the full history) instead of ADD, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

Once you've tried this, or if you have any other questions, please reach back out to the Community to let us know if this was successful or not. Thank you!

-Quicken September

This discussion has been closed.