Title bar obscuring Quicken search box

Options
weshough
weshough Member ✭✭✭
On my desktop, the quicken title bar that lists my quicken file name obscures the master search box. Is there a way to move the search box or to remove the quicken title bar where the file name appears? I am running Quicken for Windows on a Mac using CrossOver. I have had this problem for years but have never found a solution. I am able to work around this situation by placing the cursor over the region where the search box should appear and typing in the search term. but I would prefer to have easier access to the search box!

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    By the way, you are posting in the Windows area of the forum. The moderators are moving your posts to the Mac area, which is where you should be.

Where this post belongs "somewhere in between".

@weshough is running Quicken Windows, but is doing in Quicken Mac using Crossover that switches out the low level libraries so that it can run on MacOS instead of Windows.

I have no idea why the Mac title bar is covering the Windows Title bar.  This is more of a Crossover question than anything else that I think of.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think this is a Crossover issue.  Remember, Crossover is NOT a virtual machine...it's a Windows emulator.

And it's clear that the OP is using Quicken Windows in a native Mac environment using that emulator.

Can't the user just shorten the bottom part of the Quicken Windows window...and then move the entire window down some to clear the Crossover naming?

Alternatively, where did the user get the .qdf file from?  Because it looks like it's from a backup of a backup of a backup.

If the user could move the Windows .qdf to the Mac Desktop...make sure the filename is very short (around 8 characters.qdf) and THEN install Crossover, the filename wouldn't cover the search box in the upper right.  

Answers

• weshough
    weshough Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Screenshot for above question.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have the longest file name I've ever seen. I'm not a Mac user, so I'm just guessing that this file has been restored from backups of backups to get such a long name.
    I suggest renaming your data file to have a shorter name.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    By the way, you are posting in the Windows area of the forum. The moderators are moving your posts to the Mac area, which is where you should be.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Where this post belongs "somewhere in between".

@weshough is running Quicken Windows, but is doing in Quicken Mac using Crossover that switches out the low level libraries so that it can run on MacOS instead of Windows.

I have no idea why the Mac title bar is covering the Windows Title bar.  This is more of a Crossover question than anything else that I think of.
    Signature:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    You're right, @Chris_QPW . I didn't read thoroughly and was remembering @weshough 's previous post which didn't specify.
    So you think all that extra cruft is not part of the filename?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just notice that @weshough first posted this in a Mac category and was told to try the Windows category.  ;)
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're right, @Chris_QPW . I didn't read thoroughly and was remembering @weshough 's previous post which didn't specify.
    So you think all that extra cruft is not part of the filename?
    Even though that does seem to be a very long file name that is displayed, I don't think it would matter.  See that the MacOS title bar goes all the way to the end.  What should be happening is that the Windows "Quicken main title bar" should be displayed a bit lower.  But that isn't something that Quicken Windows can control.  In other words, Quicken Windows is being displayed in a MacOS Window.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW I would bet this is another side effect of the Quicken developers using their own "fake main window" so that they can put those controls like the search bar in the system title bar where it shouldn't be.
    Signature:
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think this is a Crossover issue.  Remember, Crossover is NOT a virtual machine...it's a Windows emulator.

And it's clear that the OP is using Quicken Windows in a native Mac environment using that emulator.

Can't the user just shorten the bottom part of the Quicken Windows window...and then move the entire window down some to clear the Crossover naming?

Alternatively, where did the user get the .qdf file from?  Because it looks like it's from a backup of a backup of a backup.

If the user could move the Windows .qdf to the Mac Desktop...make sure the filename is very short (around 8 characters.qdf) and THEN install Crossover, the filename wouldn't cover the search box in the upper right.  
  • weshough
    weshough Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all. I will send in a help ticket to CodeWeavers regarding the Crossover issue.
This discussion has been closed.