Citi cards download issues

dhammabob
dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
For the past week or so, I have been getting frequent errors, the information does not match our records, when downloading transactions from Citi. Sometimes, it resolved itself on the next try but sometimes it takes several attempts before it works again. I have already tried disconnecting/reconnecting and resetting cloud data but still the same issue. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect method? And are you using FI name "Citi Cards"?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @RickO Quicken Connect, yes "Citi Cards"
  • RickO
    In that case, I'd strongly suggest changing the connection method to Direct Connect. It's free for Citi Cards and is faster, more reliable and more accurate. I think you'll be happy that you did. 

To change the connect method, open the account settings (menu Accounts > Settings), click the Downloads tab, and then Change Connection Type. 
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @RickO thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  • RickO
    Let us know how it goes. 
  • JR M
    JR M Member ✭✭
    I tried deactivating one of my Citi credit cards. When attempting to re-activate it, Quicken now reports that none of my Citi credit cards are found at Citi, even though they are still there and active.
  • RickO
    You may need to deactivate all of them and then connect them all at once. At that time, you may need to authorize Quicken access to your account on the Citi website. I don't recall if Citi is one of the banks that requires this.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @RickO so far so good, will see how it goes over the next few days. Thanks.
  • RickO
    dhammabob said:
    @RickO so far so good, will see how it goes over the next few days. Thanks.
    Good to hear.

• Al Johnson
    Al Johnson Member ✭✭
    Thanks for this info. I've had a similar problem with my Citi bank connection. I have a cc and a savings account that both used to work via QConnect. A few days ago, the cc stopped working. I tried several times disconnecting and reconnecting and yet it would only show the savings account. In reading your resolution above I was reminded that I have an older, closed Citi Card in my hidden accounts. Once I disconnected that account as well, reconnected, everything showed up.
  • RickO
    Thanks for this info. ...Once I disconnected that account as well, reconnected, everything showed up.
    Glad that helped.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @RickO argh, now I am getting a failure on Capital One, do you happen to do if they also support free direct connect? Thanks.
  • RickO
    I don't know, but you can easily check. Start like you're setting up a new account, select Capital One from the list and click the Options button. You will see which options are supported, then you can cancel the new account creation. 

If DC is supported for Capitol One, make sure they don't charge extra for using it. Some banks do.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @RickO doesn't appear to support it, thanks for your help though.
This discussion has been closed.