Problems with Charles Schwab

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Copy of Letter from Quicken CEO 12-3-2021 (Schwab Issue and etc.).

Comments

• icnu
    icnu Member
    Is the true villain Schwab? I now get message saying my downloaded Schwab accounts are completed and successful but it says 0 transactions for each account and the securities balances do not match Quicken in some of them now as well. I did successfully re-authorize my accounts last week and am on the latest mondo patch etc. All of us with Schwab accounts still need help! I have been a Quicken user for 30 years.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  Schwab is the true villain.  Schwab decided not to renew their contract with Intuit for the Direct Connect service to save money.   Instead, Schwab decided to only support the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method.  I suggest you consider maintaining the accounts offline until you are convinced Intuit has managed to resolve the issues with Schwab or move your accounts to a financial institution that supports the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection methods.
  • ronperk
    ronperk Member ✭✭
    I took me three download tries to get my Schwab transactions to show up in quicken. Also Long and short term gains showed up as Return of Capital (RTrnCap) in quicken. I am not a happy camper.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ronperk said: Also Long and short term gains showed up as Return of Capital (RTrnCap) in quicken.
    all the end of year Cap Gain transactions should be fun -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    ronperk said:
    I took me three download tries to get my Schwab transactions to show up in quicken. Also Long and short term gains showed up as Return of Capital (RTrnCap) in quicken. I am not a happy camper.
    I doubt any users attempting to import transactions from Schwab these past two weeks would consider themselves to be a happy camper.  The question is: What are you going to do about it?  You may vent all you want to other Quicken users but it won't change Schwab's misguided decision.  You're going to either accept using the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method to import Schwab accounts, maintain Schwab accounts offline, or move Schwab accounts to a financial institution that supports the Direct Connect or Web Connect connection methods.
  • robettsjr
    robettsjr Member ✭✭
    I believe the problem is an Intuit problem. I had a similar problem downloading transactions from a bank that uses web express when the changes for Schwab were put in. Ultimately, I started a new QDF file and the problems went away with both institutions. I lost some G/L history, but it is available in Schwab.
  • boyjohn
    boyjohn Member ✭✭
    I am still being asked to reauthorize Schwab every day. And no I don't have any hidden accounts.
This discussion has been closed.