When do Schwab trades/transactions download now?

jayne3b
jayne3b Member ✭✭
End of day? Beginning of day? All day long? Brokerage transactions are no longer downloading during the day which eliminates an important function of this program for me. Will this continue or will brokerage transactions eventually download during the day again?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    With the Express Web Connect connection method, Intuit should be attempting to pull the transactions from Schwab over night.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have very little activity on my Schwab account - but thought that the transactions were appearing during the day...
    I'll have to watch for any DIVS or some Buy/Sell activity - (since the recent security migration)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to take a closer look in the future, as I have not been actively trading in my two Schwab accounts since the change in connection. However, I did see new transactions download during the day, just not quite as immediately as before. I didn't have to wait until overnight, like I do with other brokerages (including DC ones like Wells Fargo and Fidelity). With Schwab, I do have to wait until overnight for the positions and balances to reconcile, but that was the case before the change.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in the "good old days" when Schwab was using Direct Connect, transactions made on the Schwab site were available for download into Quicken almost instantly.  If I set up a transfer of cash between accounts on the Schwab site I could then immediately do an "Update now" in one or the other Accounts in Quicken and the transfer would be downloaded.
    That's not possible now with Schwab's decision to use EWC.  Now you have to wait until the EWC server on Quicken's polls Schwab for updates.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    The EWC server seems to be pinging pretty often, still, FWIW. I bought some "slices" in NFLX, AAPL, and GOOGL at on December 13 at 12:30 and then tried a download at 12:45. The new transactions were there.
This discussion has been closed.