Schwab and Newest Update

I finally restored my connectivity with Schwab. Now Quicken offers yet another update purporting to fix connectivity with Schwab. Is it worth getting the update if I am not having problems?

Comments

• CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    Which newest Quicken update version are you referring to? If you are not having problems, I'd wait to see reports on the update version you are referring to. I updated to Quicken Windows R37.37 when it was made available for a brief period before the update was paused and it is no longer available via the Mondo Patch Update. Since then Quicken released a couple of Windows R36.xx updates, and I chose not to downgrade and remain on R37.37 which is mostly working for me in context of getting Schwab / EWC+ downloads. I am still having issues with security mismatches, individual bond prices not updating, not being able to connect to certain types of Schwab accounts which are now excluded from the ability to download, but at least I am getting transaction downloads, ignoring or working around the mismatches, and waiting for Quicken and Schwab to sort things out.
  • I have R36.45 and my Schwab brokerage accounts appear to be working fine but they are all equities, no bonds.
  • CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    @tom_longrpv

As of Dec 11, 2021, the latest US Mondo Windows Update is R36.48. The release notes state:

What's Fixed
    Issues with account logins, deactivations, and reauthorizations related to Charles Schwab account migration.
    Issues displaying account balances in the register for some Charles Schwab and Capital One customers.

If your Schwab brokerage accounts appear to be working fine, you may want to wait to upgrade.
  • Thank you.
  • Two significant problems which have not been resolved through 36.38/45/48....
    1/ the running balance on my Schwab bank account suddenly becomes >$6k, (from a difference of couple of hundred, which I was reconciling). I've tracked month end balances back to 12/2019 and they continue to be off by this large amount.
    2/ one trading account which has been dormant for a couple of years but has many years' transactions will only re-categorise as savings or checking (it's the last account in the list

Any similar experiences / suggestions, please... Thanks.... Simon
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    tom_longrpv said: Now Quicken offers yet another update purporting to fix connectivity with Schwab.
    As mentioned... depending on the day... there is no "latest" -  R36.48 vs R37.37 vs ?
    Always use the ....
    Help --> About Quicken - menu command to display, and then share the exact version you are running,
    along with the ...
    Help --> Check for Updates - menu command to display other avail versions.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rsta
    Rsta Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Ps56k2 said:
    tom_longrpv said: Now Quicken offers yet another update purporting to fix connectivity with Schwab.
    As mentioned... depending on the day... there is no "latest" -  R36.48 vs R37.37 vs ?
    Always use the ....
    Help --> About Quicken - menu command to display, and then share the exact version you are running,
    along with the ...
    Help --> Check for Updates - menu command to display other avail versions.

Actually, the update in the program doesn't include the MONDO patches. FWIW, the chat people insisted I downgrade from 37.37 to the 36.xx version of the day - to fix the incorrect posting of 2 transaction for a reinvest transaction. I will have to wait for another reinvest transaction to see if it will work - I doubt it. Honestly, if they don't get downloads working, why bother to pay - I thought the download functionality is what we were paying for.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    here ya go - a comment on the comparison between R36 and R37 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• chubbtl
    chubbtl Member ✭✭
    Updated to new version 37.37 but still no downloads and pricing is off on stock pricing. Today a server error still no download
  • chubbtl
    chubbtl Member ✭✭
    > @chubbtl said:
    > Updated to new version 37.37 but still no downloads and pricing is off on stock pricing. Today a server error still no download

correction 36.54
  • Jim Douthit
    Jim Douthit Member ✭✭✭
    I am running R36.54 on Windows. I am now seeing both Long and ST capitol gains reported as Return of Capitol.
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, long term and short term gains are now downloaded as INT (interest) and return of capital.  WTF.
  • Rsta
    Rsta Member ✭✭✭
    And Quicken doesn't seem to care in the least bit. Why pay for a subscription to download if I have to reenter them all manually?
  • Rsta
    Rsta Member ✭✭✭
    DCtesting said:
    Two significant problems which have not been resolved through 36.38/45/48....
    1/ the running balance on my Schwab bank account suddenly becomes >$6k, (from a difference of couple of hundred, which I was reconciling). I've tracked month end balances back to 12/2019 and they continue to be off by this large amount.
    2/ one trading account which has been dormant for a couple of years but has many years' transactions will only re-categorise as savings or checking (it's the last account in the list

Any similar experiences / suggestions, please... Thanks.... Simon
    The running balance is off because they are entering 2 transactions whenever there is a reinvested distribution. They are also misclassifying CG (LT and ST) as INT. The only way I've found to fix it is to manually enter the transaction correctly, typing in share balances and amounts and looking up the correct category on Schwab transaction history. Then deleting the downloaded quicken transactions. 
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I have downgraded from R37.37 to R36.54. I was able to get EWC+ fully connected after 3 tries. Then after 2 downloads, all transactions have downloaded. However, the Dividend Reinvest transactions all downloaded as Bought, which made the Cash Balance go way negative and incorrectly reported the holdings in all of the investments - in all accounts. I did resort to manually changing every one of them to ReinvXX depending on the types. Then there are also a ton of ReinvInt transactions that just don't exist on the Schwab site. I haven't done anything with them so far since they don't appear to modify Holdings or Cash. 

I'm hoping for the day I can go back to entering my current budget and tracking my finances in an up to date manner :(

So, I would say hold off for a few days. Hopefully, Quicken doesn't do a holiday shutdown with this unresolved.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Rsta
    Rsta Member ✭✭✭
    imdcareys said:
    I have downgraded from R37.37 to R36.54. I was able to get EWC+ fully connected after 3 tries. Then after 2 downloads, all transactions have downloaded. However, the Dividend Reinvest transactions all downloaded as Bought, which made the Cash Balance go way negative and incorrectly reported the holdings in all of the investments - in all accounts. I did resort to manually changing every one of them to ReinvXX depending on the types. Then there are also a ton of ReinvInt transactions that just don't exist on the Schwab site. I haven't done anything with them so far since they don't appear to modify Holdings or Cash. 

I'm hoping for the day I can go back to entering my current budget and tracking my finances in an up to date manner :(

From what I can tell, the ReinvInt are CGs, and they put a corresponding Bought, so the cash balance is screwed up since they put 2 transactions with the same amount. I have been unable to change them to another category, so I am re-entering everything manually and deleting the double transaction from Quicken (ugh). I have tried 4 times to get Quicken Support to understand this is happening and it is not just duplicate entries from reconnecting the account. Today they told me to report it from within Quicken next time with the checkbox to take a screen shot of the downloaded transactions. I doubt they have enough info to assess that, but I will give it a try next time it happens.
  • I'm having the same problems. LTCG are showing up as a return of Capital. STCG are showing up as Interest Income. The bigger problem is any reinvested dividends, where quicken attempts puts in two transactions and botches them both. One shows up as reinvested income but has no share balance, so the dollar amount doesn't go anywhere. The second transaction is a "buy" that then gets the number of shares right but messes with my cash account balance. I see there is supposedly a Schwab issues page that hasn't been updated in 3 days with any new information. And here we are in the busiest time of the year for distributions and the software doesn't work. It's costing me hours each day to have to manually go to the Schwab web site and reconcile each of their erroneous transactions on the SEVEN Schwab accounts I'm trying to keep track of. To compound it (at least for me) they have the nerve to remind me my subscription needs to be renewed in 2 weeks. I don't know about you folks, but I'm looking for any possible alternative that I can find so I don't have to put up with such poor service. Customer service isn't answering the phone, there hasn't been a moderator on this thread with any useful information and my patience is at an end.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem also.
    Here is what I saw and did.

New Distributions were downloaded for my Regular Investment account and IRA.

First off when they downloaded the transactions were not Listed under the Downloaded Transaction field below the register.

Had to go to Preferences to enable "Auto add to Investment Transaction List" to get the transactions into the register.

Had to edit transactions that said "Bought" to "ReInvSh" and to "ReInvLg". Note: Had to print the transactions from Schwab site to make which were Sh, Lg or "ReinvDiv" transactions.

I deleted those that said "Reinvint" because they are added to the Reports as Interest. If you left them the amounts for those transactions would be entered twice in the reports.

A 3rd transaction was entered correctly.

Those “Reinvint” extra entries were never posted when using Direct Connect.
    I also reported this problem by opening Quicken > Help > Report a Problem

See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20223679#Comment_20223679

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• QknConfused
    QknConfused Member ✭✭
    ReinvInt_ I have the same problem with Lg and Sh term Cap Gains being entered as ReinvInt. In my case, no shares or $ amount is depicted. The corresponding "Bought" transaction does show shares and amount. So each "Bought" decreases my cash balance. I manually created the correct ReinvLg or ReinvSh transactions and deleted the ReinvInt transactions.

CC506_ I have 5 Schwab accounts. One of them will no longer download. It is migrated to EWC+. I get the CC506 error. I "fix it". I receive the "Success!" notification. It still does not download. IF the problem was a change in the Qkn nickname, how can I correct that? Where do I find a nickname Qkn and Schwab will accept?
  • enewman1912
    enewman1912 Member ✭✭
    Still no transactions being downloaded
  • AAAAmen
  • Pa3600
    Pa3600 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. What other products are out there?
  • I have 4 Schwab accounts. One is an account with a former employer that holds only mutual funds and really isn't a brokerage account. I have never been able to download it through Quicken but I can go onto the Schwab website and download QIF files. The transactions used to differentiate between dividends, interest and short, medium and long term capital gains but no longer do. So at least some problems appear to be on Schwab's end not Quicken's.
This discussion has been closed.