First Republic Bank - removing Digital Banking

Recently, I had to deactivate my FR accounts as I changed passwords. I'm now trying to reactive the accounts, yet Q seems to be forcing me to use FR Digital Banking, where my accounts are not being recognized. I am able to log into my accounts directly through the FR website. I'm trying not to delete the existing accounts and losing my history.

Any suggestions are welcome
Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @matorres1250

Which method were you connecting to your previously - Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web connect?  When you tried to reconnect - can you tell us exactly what happened and what error message you received? That may help us to determine how to get your connections fixed.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I suggest you clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window of the registers associated with the financial institution where you deactivated the Online Services (open each register and press Ctrl + Shift + E).  Then, select Tools > Add Account..., enter and select First Republic Bank and Next.   After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide a list of the accounts obtained from the financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.

• Sherlock, thank you...unfortunately this did not work. For some reason, Q is not connecting to FR...will call bank support again tomorrow.
  • Frankx, I believe I was direct connect...I'm just surprised that after de-activating the account, the financial institution field is still populated. I was able to add a new account as Sherlock recommended, however, even that account would to connect to FR. Something is not right, sadly.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @matorres1250,

There are apparently a few different choices that you can select from when connecting to First Republic. Also, you initially indicated that you were being forced to the Digital Banking route.  I don't know how that may differ from the other options but, if you haven't already, I would suggest that you select the other (non Digital) choice (see first snip below) and then click "Advanced Options". You should then be able to select the Direct Connect method on the following screen (see second snip below).

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.